Jambands.ca

Go Raptors Go - Fan Forum

Jaimoe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fortunate enough to attend my third straight home playoff game in this series last night. As much as I think Bosh is due for a breakout game, as I saw Jose crumple to the floor, I said to myself, "we're done anyway now".

IF Jose and TJ are out, I see no way that we win a quarter, let alone 2 games.

All that being said, anything can happen.

I had a clear view of the ankle roll and it looked minor. Obviously the way it looked and what actually happened could be drastically different but I suspect he will play on Friday. I’m definitely not counting on D-Mart. And stingers can last a few minutes to a few days so it’s quite possible Ford will also be ready to play. Don’t count them out yet.

Happy Birthday Basher!

Edited by Guest

I also think pulling Ford to take him to the hospital was a major precaution because of his previous neck injury. He was back on the bench before the end of the game looking loose and comfortably moving his neck and upper body so I think he will play.

I also think pulling Ford to take him to the hospital was a major precaution because of his previous neck injury. He was back on the bench before the end of the game looking loose and comfortably moving his neck and upper body so I think he will play.

"Loose and comfortably moving his neck..." Dude, he was wearing a neck brace and looked kinda down.

Any sort of ankle injury is bad news for quick point guards. Even with both Ford and Calderon at 100%, they'd be big underdogs on Friday.

Dude, underdogs is nothing new. Lets think positive here.

Neck brace … another precaution. Of course he looked kinda down since he wasn’t able continue playing ... I didn’t say he was happy about it. He didn’t even leave the floor after the injury and made 1 of 2 free throws and remained in the game for the next 30 seconds. I’ve worn a neck brace before and it didn’t stop me from playing the next game. As of today he’s still feeling the stinger a bit in his arm and all accounts sound positive in my opinion. Neck brace aside, he was moving his neck and upper body with ease. I saw it myself and I’m not lying.

Ford hasn't been playing well. Who has? But Ford is definately hurt. He's erratic at the best of times, but potentially a game-breaker too. I'd like to think positively, but they got blown-out in Jersey and last night was the only good team game the Raps played this series.

I agree with everything you just said and I have to admit I also find it hard at times to think positive. Lets hope the whole team has a breakout game. Lol

I've been meaning to comment on a reply you made to one of my previous posts where I indicated the Raps had it worse this season because of injuries. You said NJ was worse off and I have to disagree.

If a very good team (such as NJ) looses players to injury, because of their experience it’s much easier for them to rebound and make adjustments, especially when they still have two amazing all stars in the line-up. When a team with around 9 new players is trying to find a place in the league and consistently suffers from injuries it’s much more difficult for them to adjust, with or without great depth. I definitely don't consider myself an authority on the subject but doesn't that seem obvious?

At any rate, we don’t agree on many fronts and I’m okay with that. But one thing I know for sure is we both want to see them do well. Lets go Raps!!!!

Latest report suggests Ford is looking positive and Calderon is in rough shape. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

BC

One of the main reasons NJ finished with the record they did was because of their key long-term injuries. And don't forget they are still without Krstic, he of the 16.4 ppg and 6.8 rpg, and Eddie House. The only long-term injury on the Raptors is Garbo. All the others were short-term.

Yes, the Raptors had all kinds of injuries, but the NJ are still playing without some key players and are a totally different team with Hamilton in the mix.

Who is this Hamilton you refer to? I didn’t think there was a Hamilton on their roster. Are you getting Richard Jefferson and Richard Hamilton mixed up? That’s probably it and I hear what you’re saying.

Yes, sorry. Hamilton. I always get the two mixed-up.

i am actually watching the game on sopcast!! its my first ball game in about 5 months and so far its a doozy

great first quarter, started off slowly but it picked up...the raps are showing a sweet stroke (everyone but bosh anyway)...lets hope they can play some defense and get some more rebounds...we're gettin killed on the glass

GO RAPS

win or lose tonight, i am very proud to be a raps fan

Decent game. I really didn’t want the season to end but if it was going to happen I think that’s the way to do it. It was very exciting.

Two things really stand out for me though – Parker missing two of three free throws after being fowled at the three point line, and the last play Calderon ran for Bosh. If I’m not mistaken that play for Bosh at the end was previously called twice and each of those times the Nets read it perfectly, stopped the pass, and forced a turnover. I was a bit surprised they tried it again but not surprised it was stopped again.

Either way I’m proud of them, and very proud of my man Mo Pete. I have a feeling I won’t see him in a Raps uniform next year so I’m glad he had some game going out.

They’re going to be so hungry for it next year and I absolutely can’t wait for it to begin. Still lots of playoff action left though and I'm pretty excited about the next round of games.

Edited by Guest

i really hope the nets get destroyed by the cavs but I just dont see that happening...the raps have a much more balanced team than the cavs and we were torn apart...look for the nets to advance to the conference finals against the pistons and then hopefully get SMOKED

ill be very sad if the nets make it to the finals...i am so anti vince that i really hope he doesnt succeed at all in any way

yeah I know it's just I thought him being an 80%+ shooter from the line would maybe have accounted for something in such an important game. I love the guy as well and don't get me wrong I'm not disappointed in him.

Cheers

Edited by Guest