Jambands.ca

Sound won't work on my PC.. *** UPDATED w/ PICS ***

DevO

I bought a used desktop PC off some guy and I've just plugged it in the other day. Things were going well with the sound until just this morning when I turned it on. Something is messed up with the audio configuration. Basically its not detecting any audio device or speakers. I don't even have the volume control icon in the bottom right corner! I have my external speakers plugged in to the earphones jack. Can anyone tell me what to do?? I'm tuneless. :(

Edited by Guest

I had troubles with that too. But I went online and found that if you just reset the VX 2.0 modules to -3 as an average (takes some tweaking) and then compoputate the pingypongpingy back to where it should be, the Brahphet Sound Card 2.3.1 pops up and you're good to go.

So I opened up the computer and sure enough the audio cable done fell off the motherboard! I really want to fix this ASAP so I am posting pictures of the situation on here, for you, the skanks, to see. Please help! I had big plans to watch the Trailer Park Boys movie tonight!

Here's the little fucker that seems to have fallen out:

img1148jj9.jpg

And here's the larger situation:

img1144sq1.jpg

And finally, here is a closer look at the area that seems to pertain to audio:

img11511rj3.jpg

I don't have a clue what I'm doing and don't want to mess anything up any further. I tried for a while to find a fit but nothing seemed to fit. Am I looking in the wrong place for where to plug this chord in to? Hmmm.

What is the other end of that audio cable attached to?

I can't see what the other end is attached to. It goes up to the front of the computer, at the bottom, but I don't know where it goes.

Edited by Guest

The thing is bouche, that place where you highlighted, it has sort of a casing. Its not just the pins sticking out. So I can't fit the cable in to that space.

Also there are 9 holes in the cable that I'm looking to plug into the motherboard. The holes go like this:

... .

And theres no space that I see on this motherboard with pins sticking out in that pattern.

Edited by Guest

Do you have auido outputs on the front of the computer as well?

YES and those weren't working before (even when the sound was working IE before the cable fell out I guess).. But I imagine that's where the other end of this audio cable goes.