Jambands.ca

Grateful Fest 8

afro poppa

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife is lovin' the looks/lineup of this one! Just went over the website (and heart-wrenching story of the owners' daughter Jessica) and she's in.

There's a good chance I might swing a small camper/rv ... are those sites relatively close to the stage? Anyone know. If we don't get it and to the tent thang, do you camp by your car, or hike in to your sites?

awesome! hope you guys make it...

the camping area is amazing almost completely

canopied over tree cover...with sprawling very

tall old trees ... and you camp with your car.

This is the ledges busiest fest so the entire camping sites get filled tight and depending on how early you get there the closer and better site you will score...

I think last year tickets were like 145 or something, and you just pay at the gate. It seems expensive but remember its 5 days and 4 nights, which is more than most festivals.

There were people coming in all weekend, even up to the last day...although who would want to miss any second of this??????????

then when you get too hot ... simply stroll over to the nice chill water and float around coolin off while still hearing the music :o

on that note... bring a flotation device of some sorts... people were nice enough to lend or leave alot of them on the beach to borrow... or atleast thats how I took it :P but this year ill be bringin something... man there were all types of floaties it was nuts... along with canoes and kyaks...

More info to come soon (ticket prices, etc.).. But right now the line-up is set...

4 nights of Dark Star Orchestra

Umphrey's McGee

Karl Denson, Robert Walter & The Greyboy Allstars

Keller Williams

Steve Kimock, Donna Jean, Melvin Seals & Zero

Wookie Foot

New Riders of the Purple Sage

Ramblin Jack Elliott

Peter Rowan & Tony Rice Quartet

Melvin Seals & the JGB

Donna Jean & the Zen Tricksters (formerly Kettle Joe's Psychadelic Swamp Review)

Tom Constanten w/ Terrapin Flyer and Friends

Zion Godchaux & Boombox

David Gans

The New Mastersounds

The Pnuma Trio

Chef Dave Band w/ Johnny Neel

Carlos Jones & the Peace, Love and Unity Syndicate

Greyspoke

Sanduleak featuring Buzzo

Ekoostik Hookah's Dave Katz's Katz ~n~ Jammers

Big Leg Emma

Cornmeal (electric set and late night acoustic)

Boris Garcia

Moser Woods

One Under

The Recipe

Japhy Ryder

The New Kid in Town

One Way Rider

Also.....

Fireworks, Skydivers, the Burning Man, the magicians and clowns, the Ohio Burn Unit spinning fire all night on the beach, always massive drum circles, and SMILES all weekend!

Heaven on Earth, people...

What are you Grateful for?

Dave Katz's Katz ~n~ Jammers

Well this will certainly give me my Hookah fix!!

And so will this

One Under

Although I haven't heard any of their stuff - I suspect that they're still playing Ed's songs that he used to play with Hookah.

Really looking forward to this - wish they'd get the tickets up and selling - and a line-up announced. I don't think we'll be there for 4 days probably only a couple but I'd like to see the schedule to figure out which daze those will be.

As far as I'm concerned, YES. Darlene (the wife) is totally into it as well. Jack & Cassidy (the kids) are always up for music and dancing :)

I've put in my request for days off that entire week (i'm telling them it's a family reunion so that there's no way that they CAN'T give 'em to me )

Gotta get in touch with my buddies from Rochester to convince them to do this one too. I am probably going to round up another bunch of Toronto folk to make the journey too (about 5 adults and 3 more kids). It's got the possibilities of a full scale invasion :D