Jambands.ca

Grateful Fest 8

afro poppa

dave is wowed by the line-up so I guess it's a GO for us!

we'll have to break the drive up though by doing a first leg to TO or Wloo.....Mark when will you be leaving? For such a drive, we plan to make the most of it...Wed to Sun probably.

As we get closer to the date, we'll have to coordinate the camping....(baj & cap'n, you'll have to be lead advisers, here)

Kanada Kev, Big Woolly Mammoth, and any others with kids, we should really endeavour to share late-night child minding by camping all together.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanada Kev, Big Woolly Mammoth, and any others with kids, we should really endeavour to share late-night child minding by camping all together.

Right on. HEY, is Big Wolly Mammoth coming?!??!?!?! I know that he was planning on Gathering of the Vibes. That'd be awesome if he was making the trip to. So, are ya BWM?????

Likewise Babsy... I believe you were one of the crew that received a "shining endorsement" from Mr. Tonin...!!

Somehow I've been able to fool him for a while now - he he!

You're right about his words being good as gold - wish I could package up all those words of his up and sell 'em! I'd be rich by noon.

Are tickets on sale already?

I took a look and it doesn't appear that they are yet.

Babsy and edger, the two of you know how to make a grown man feel warm and fuzzy inside! :)

CJ and DEM ... nice that you can make it!

I'm going to try and squeeze in the whole thing, but am not 100% sure yet about the specific logistics. Heck, I'm still working out some logistics for this upcoming week/weekend!

edger, I'm thinking that we may be able to head down together, maybe with one or two others depending on the vehicle we are taking. I'll send you a message to discuss.

Peace, Mark

hey baj

i dont think i tell you how often i am grateful to have been a part of grateful fest last year with everyone...some of the best memories i will ever have in my entire life

im very sad that i will not be there this year, but unfortunately (or more like fortunately) i have different paths to take this summer...i look forward to grateful fest 9 already :)

Has anyone looked into getting an R.V.? I've looked a bit but the prices seem a bit steep. We're heading down and bringing the kids along and we would like to have a cool place to sleep. If anyone comes across a reasonable place to rent one please let me know. Can't wait!

Swifty, I'm in the same boat (well RV hopefully ).

We've done a festival with with the kids for the past three summers. At that one, we brought along a pop-up trailer. It was perfect. My buddy sold it though, and now we no longer have it :(

This year, we are going the route of an RV. I'm still waiting for confirmation, but we're getting it through a friend of my sister's type deal. THe rental places are a bit pricey, but for the comofort and luxury it just might be worth it. Ask everyone you know if THEY know anyone with an RV ro camper that they might want to rent out to you. Privately you may do better. Leave notes on RVs you see parked around town that you are interested in renting, place an ad somewhere, put one of those little cards up at the entrance to a supermarket, etc.

Maybe you could save a few bucks by renting one stateside?

I'll let you know if I come across anything.

Super excited!!

Ari, you're gonna cry when you see how many glowsticks my friends are bringing.. We took 3,000 to the Labor Day at the Ledges (2 nights), and he's thinking something like 15,000-25,000 this year (we're all chipping in on the cost)(plus it's 4 nights)..

We WERE the glowstick forest (aka Mars) at that festy.. Gratefulfest is gonna be glowy as hell this year...

We'll make a portrait of you in glowsticks to remember ya... You'll always be there in spirit! :)

35_1_b.jpg

It's not the festival doing it, it's the people that bring the glowsticks in.. At Labor Day when we had 3,000, the festival staff kindly asked us to clean up after ourselves.. Which we did.

Each morning with a wagon full of bloody marys, we scoured the entire grounds handing out drinks to anyone kind enough to help pick garbage (not just glowsticks) off the ground. We ended up having about 20 or more people help out each morning..

So don't blame the festival.. Blame the fun-loving glowstick artists like my friends who were generously giving out the glowsticks to any kid or grown-up who wanted..

The glowstick forest (aka Mars) is one of the many amazing, unique wonders of this fantabulous festival, along with the many generous, helpful, and fun people that make Gratefulfest amazing!