Jambands.ca

Breakfast!

Ms Zimmy

My weekday and weekend breakfasts are the same: toasted crumpet (or just one piece of toasted whole wheat bread if the grocery store was out of crumpets) with peanut butter (the natural stuff that Loblaws sells, crunchy variety), cereal (usually a mix of puffed wheat and something like Life or bran flakes) with skim milk and occasionally 1/2 or 1/3 of a sliced banana and/or plain (0% fat) yogurt.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

occasionally 1/2 or 1/3 of a sliced banana.

what do you do with the other half?

I save it for later. I often have a peanut butter and banana sandwich in the evenings around 8:30pm, and half a banana, sliced, covers one piece of bread nicely. Yes, the cut end of the leftover bit goes brown, but if you slice off the top 1/8" or so, the rest is fine.

Aloha,

Brad

I didn't know they made Prune Yogurt...where I have been?

I try to eat multigrain cereal with raisins and rice milk (high in B12) and fruit. And sometimes whole wheat english muffin with cheese.

On weekends, it depends, sometimes a piece of carrot cake from Herb and Spice after Yoga with a coffee from Bridgehead...I eat it while walking home.

I love breakfast.

What do you eat on weekday mornings...and what do you eat on weekend mornings?

weekdays: cereal, usually a mix of Optimum Slim and Corn Flakes by Nature's Path; orange juice; multivitamin; coffee

weekends: as above or bacon and eggs w/toast or pancakes or breakfast sandwich from Subway if I'm totally out of ingredients... depends

on weekends I've been digging these turkey-apricot breakfast sausages a deli down the street makes. Good Lord they are good.

Two of those, an egg (over-easy please), some tomato slices and a piece of toast = yum.

during the week breakfast = fruit bar or banana and a coffee. Sucks I know but I'm irresponsible like that.

it's usually fruit and/or yoghurt for me during the week + tea

w.e.- usually involves eggs– frittata or whatever we have in the fridge. occasionally i make dutch pancakes- panekoeken met spek which are basically crepes with bacon, drizzled with maple syrup and rolled up... i'm overdue for that actually

weekdays - tea

weekends - scrambly eggs (with cheese, mushrooms, gr peppers), maybe bacon, bread/singlish mopping/half a baagel), homemade breakfast badadoes. And kwaufee.

I'm going to bed now so that weeknd breakfast will come sooner.

tha's nice singlish

Weekdays - I'm lucky if I can get to the banana I bring to work. I'm off coffee these days, so my average answer would be, I have water for breakfast. Strictly due to time.

Weekends - All out yo. If we make it at home, it's bacon and eggs (poached, sunny side up or over easy), toast and sometimes a fruit bowl.

If we eat out and I'm in the mood for breakfast I have eggs benedict, if I'm more in a lunch mood for breakfast, I get a greasy burger and poutine.

Bet you expected my answer to be Marco's and vice versa huh? ;)

today we had super-fun-happy-breaky-wraps.

egg, onion, green pepper, tomato, bacon, extra old cheddar, sriacha sauce, sour cream in a whole wheat flour tortilla accompanied by a spice Caesar cocktail while watching Anthony Bourdain in Indonesia and Bali.

super YUM!!!

Weekdays - Lately it has been an avacado spread on toast with a little salt, pepper and cumin on top.

Weekends - Usually do up the famous breakfast spuds with some sort of egg deal (sometimes both in a skillet). Lately, its been red pepper, zucini, spinach, garlic and onions, with a hefty layer of fresh grated Grana Padano Parm...fritata style.

AND COFFEE.

I normally have coffee or water for weekdays.

Weekends: out - eggs benny

in - maybe cheese ommlettes or banana

pancakes

Today: Grilled cheese sandwich with fried pastrami. yum. with Fair Trade Organic Salt Spring Coffee - Metta Espresso Dark Roast Blend. mmmmmmm.

Edited by Guest