Jambands.ca

Cully, i think i need your help

secondtube

Hey man, i know you just went through a very rough patch in your life with the loss of your best friend....your dog.

I'm going to be going through the same thing some night this week....and i'm not looking forward to it at all...

My dog is my whole life. (i know, it sounds funny, ya, but Ziggy has been my best friend well....forever)

I know its his time, which is going to somewhat help (i hope) but i dont see it making it any easier.

Did u find anything that helped make the passing easier? I know nothing makes it easy, but i'm hoping through your strength, I can find some....

Edited by Guest

I love Ziggy too! Such a cool dog.

so sorry Steve but I can attest Ziggy had a real good life, you did him right so see him off on his final journey with pride!

again, my condolensces. Won't be the same going to your place and not hearing the Ziggers from the end of the driveway on up......

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've definitely gone through the loss of a dog, more in an unexpected circumstance. The only advice I can give you is just to focus on the positive that was, not the negative that is. Don't try to sublimate it, just remember the good times, keep photos around and keep him/her with you, and the pain will slowly pass....

2ndtube, i'm so sad to hear about your dog. when we had to have my mother in law's dog euthanized, we had a vet who did home visits. we spent the afternoon hanging with fenrys...he was lying on niffer's lap when he got the shot, and went out totally peacefully at home. check in your area and see if you can find a vet that will do home visits. it's more, but woirth it.

I am so sorry about this man, it sucks.

All I can say is don't fight any emotions that are comming to you, I went from mad to sad in a second. I surrounded myself with good family and friends for a LONG TIME after we put Kaya down and trust me, it does get easier.

I had to change my routine when we put Kaya down (had to break my daily schedule because Kaya was such a big part of it - and everything made me think of her)

As people have said, focus on the good times. Make the most of the moments that you have right now, and do not let yourself be tricked into thinking your puppy will get better if this is Ziggy's time (my Dad had a very hard time flip/flopping on the issue of getting Kaya euthanized - which made it A LOT harder)

I had to put away pics of my puppy, still haven't taken some out of storage, which helped me. I didn't want to forget about her...I just didn't want to be reminded about the situation all the time.

I couldn't have her euthanized at home cause we thought that we would be reminded about what happened there over and over. Some people suggested taking Kaya to her fav place to be put down, some vets will travel.

Take care man, and please PM me if you need ANYTHING.

I feel for ya bro! I had to put down my dog about a year and a half ago. It definetly wasnt easy at all. Like Marco said though, you guys treated ziggy right, and you are doin the right thing(although it might not seem like it at the time).

For sure not gonna be the same goin to your place without out little ziggy. Cheers TO ZIGGY! That dog WOULD NOT let a game of fetch pass him.

Saying goodbye to our furry four-legged friends is extremely difficult. My sympathies go out to you and those who were touched by Ziggy.

If it is his time to go, you are doing the right and compassionate thing. What more could somebody ask of their best friend/family?

Hang in there.

Thanks everyone....really....i mean it.

Cully, we are going through the issue of 'when'.

Its going to be the toughest thing....my brother doesn't feel it should be even in the next upcoming months....my mother feels that it should be soon as possible......my father hasn't said a word....he's gonna have it hit him the hardest.....like your father.

Me, well .... i'm at a toss up. Its going to be tough.

Jay, zig STILL wont pass up a game of fetch, even though he can't really go for very long, if more than one or two throws....

Cully, i'm probably going to be contacting you after the 'day'......i'm sitting here looking at him now....he seems so "ok"....but i know its my clouded judgement....

Man....this sucks.

Here's my favorite photo of zig.

ziggyid9.jpg

so so sorry.

putting my dog down was the worst day of my life, cuz she got so scared when we gave her the sedative and pissed all over and was screaming the whole time like i've never heard before in my life :(

i wish i had seen this thread sooner b/c i would have told you to not give the sedative.

i still can't get the image out my mind and it's been about 10 years :( worst thing i've ever done

If your puppy is suffering, then I say that you should make the call. The longer you wait, the tougher it is to make.

Know that you are doing this to stop the pain, not as a way out. Be strong and know that you have friends around who care.

I'm so sorry.

I had to send my SammyCat off to a new world about 6 months ago. Giving the vet that nod was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Sammy wasn't sick for very long and he wasn't that old...but he was very sick and couldn't be "saved." I held his paw during, and reassured him that he wouldn't have to feel the pain anymore. When he died, I continued to talk to him for a couple of minutes...to give him a fond farewell...and then I turned inward. I repeatedly said, "That's it. That's all I get." I grieved for a long time. I got angry for a long time (thankfully my husband and friends kicked me in the ass and the anger didn't last too long). I still tear up reliving this experience. I find comfort in knowing that we (Booche and I, and all of our friends) gave Sammy a great life. Although he had to leave us earlier than expected, he didn't have to suffer for very long. I had moments of doubt a few times afterwards, but knowing that I did the right thing made those thoughts short-lived.

We also displayed many pictures of our Sammy. I even had some developed and put together a photo album of my favorite pics.

I hope that you and your family are able to agree on a "right time." It might be difficult for the first while to not relive your friend's last moments, but the sooner that you can get through that the easier the healing becomes. Tell good stories, show beautiful pictures...anything to help you concentrate on the good times. My thoughts are with you.

2ndtube...Sorry dude..We've gone through this 2 times in the past year and it really sucks, but it does and will get better.

((((Ziggy))))

Our house wasn't right without a dog so we recently got a new pup. New memories have started and I think it helps relive fond memories of our old friends.