Jambands.ca

New Wilco

AD

I've been away, so excuse me if this has been posted before - the new Wilco has apparently leaked.

Not sure of the lineage of this, since a lot have been nuked from oink for being webrips, but this version sounds pretty good to my ear, better than the webrips.

http://unapieldeastracan.blogspot.com/

(lots of other new albums on there. such as Feist, Junior Boys, etc.)

AD

• 3 weeks later...

I picked this up when AD first posted (thanks BTW...sometimes threads here disappear way to quickly). I have listened to it quite a lot and it still hasn't really hooked me yet. I really love Impossible Germany (love the guitar work at the end) and What Light, but the rest of the album is just OK for me so far. I like the vibe (if that's vague enough for you ;) ), but it just hasn't kicked my ass yet...and I really dislike Walken...saw it in concert and remembered not really liking it then either.

I think it will grow on me...and maybe I really like What Light and Impossible Germany because I have had live versions for a few months. I really likely the "sparsness" of this album...not as much of the sound collages from the past couple of albums...

i haven't listened to it all the way through, waiting to buy it. turns out the version i posted to start this thread was indeed another webrip, there's probably a lot missing from the tracks sonically. who know.

anyways, good to get some early reviews from people here.

I snagged the first one that came up on OiNK (I guess the webrip? Anyway the sounds isn't bad at all)

I am pretty well obsessed with this album these days. It's fucking awesome! From the first listen my ears were perked for almost each track. Way better than A Ghost Is Born.

I really dislike Walken...saw it in concert and remembered not really liking it then either.

Are you serious? Walken is by far my favourite on the record. The way that one big riff happens ONCE in the middle of the song is genius. The slide playing is fun too.

I'm digging just about every track, but specifically You Are My Face (the Band-esque funky bit in the middle is awesome), Impossibly Germany, Hate It Here, Walken and What Light. I don't really think there's a song I dislike, and the ones that aren't stand-outs I'm sure will grow on me quickly. I don't know if I have the webrip or what, but the quality is great. I'm sure the real deal will be better, but until then this will do.