Jambands.ca

#UPDATE# Toronto Mar 29- Apr 1- Whatsup?

Northern Wish

So what is going on during these three days other than the Rheostatics at Massey Hall on the 30th.

AND OTHER THAN THE JUST ADDED RHEOS SHOW AT THE HORSESHOE ON THURSDAY MAR 29!!!

I am looking to meet up with some folks and have a good ol big city weekend if anyone would be so kind as to give me an excuse to leave my hotel room.

I have one extra Rheos ticket (Row 20) and already have a hotel booked for my stay but will have no transportation (especially to and from the airport wink wink).

Games, shows, hikes, supper, its all good.

Make me have fun!

Sean

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovin every minute of it.....But no hot dogs for me, unless its served on Yonge St. at 2:30am.

I hope some of you cats can entertain me, I jumped the gun on priceline and now have a hotel for two nights. I had better not spend Saturday alone at the Constantines and in my hotel room.

Come on now, Bueller Bueller?

Quick story for AD...

One slip show in Montreal, we were back at the Econolodge...I was starving, so I ordered a pizza...they had a deal, 3 toppings for 9bucks or whatever...I called them up and said, gimme a large with 3 meats on it...what shows up...one large pizza...pepperoni, hotdogs, and green peppers....two things...who puts hotdogs on pizza, and when is green peppers considered a meat?

I'm pumped as hell for the RHEOS!

Are you guys going to be in Toronto before suppertime on the day of the show?

I'll be there cd shopping all day, if you need a place to head to when you arrive I am at the Bond Hotel at 65 Dundas West.

Sean

It's Dundas East.

Hey, if you are down CD shopping on Queen Street West, go to Crimial Records on Queen, just west of Spadina. It's a really cool store with tons of legit rock shirts and excellent CD prices.

Hey Jaimoe,

You know anything about the Bond Hotel? I have never heard of it, and there are no reviews on priceline.

I'm nervous to say the least.........

And I will hit that record store for sure.

Sean

It's a cheap and central hotel. It's old so don't expect too much. It's right near Ryerson too. You may want to hit up the iconic original Sam The Record Man, just one block north of Bond on Yonge Street. It's huge with some excellent prices.

Across the street from Bond is the Imperial Library Pub. It's a great place. Downstairs is kinda divey (with a really cool bar), but upstairs is really cool, with an old jukebox that plays rare 45's from jazz greats. You can also get bottled beer by the quart for a good price. They also make the best whiskey sours I've ever had.

The Imperial Library Pub is a cool place. Went their last year before the david gilmour concert. I like sams but make sure you have some time to look around. Some of their prices are great while other prices are extremely expensive. I find the live phish cds they have are a very good price.

The Dundas-Yonge area is a tourist and teenage trap full of decadence, chain-stores and dives. However, if you walk north to College, you will find a decent and big sports bar called Hoops. Keep walking north on Yonge for more pubs and restaurants. Go west on Dundas for Chinatown. If you head south on Yonge to Front for the Hockey Hall of Fame. Also check out Front and Church (just west of the Hall). Their are some great pubs and restaurants like C'est What.

Oh yeah, anything east of Church Street on Dundas is really, really sketchy. The corner of Dundas and Sherbourne and Dundas and Jarvis can be flat out scary. Stay north, south and west young man.