Jambands.ca

Carribean Flavours- burnt down!

gentlemonkey

I posted this in the foodies forum yesterday after getting confirmation. It's so terrible to see someone's wonderful creation destroyed by fire.

I have been meaning to go back there for way too long and now I'm so sorry that I haven't been in about 2 years.

Sharon and I were invited to an opening at a new wine garden location for free wine and it was to be catered by Frederic, the man behind Caribbean Flavours on Monday. That's cancelled now. I hope he can rebuild his fine empire of deliciousnecescities.

Sad to hear of something like that.

If you are jonesin' for a real roti (only from Trinidad) stop by Kori's Roti Shop in Oakville!! Yes, these simply are the best that there are out there.

I'm also lucky that I work with a wonderful Trinidadian woman who makes her own rotis every now and then and I get to place orders with her for my "fix".

Damn, i'm getting hungry now. Might have to get a roti for lunch ... or maybe a killer burrito at Burrito Boyz :)

Edited by Guest

he'll be back. Knowing his Jamaican heritage, I hope there wasn't anything found in the house that could put him in a bad spot.

they were talking about his roots in Montserrat on the radio this morning. he was originally from jamaica? they also said he lost his recording studio on the 2nd floor, over 10k worth of equipment.

no way!!!

wtf is with that part of town?!

Fire freaking central or what?!

It should be renamed Fire town man.

I was just kicking myself for not getting a ginger beer when I was in town and fully intending to drop in for one and show off Dessy to Frederico in a couple of weeks....dangit well 3 fucking cheers to everyone being okay and huge high fives to having insurance!!!

no way!!!

wtf is with that part of town?!

Fire freaking central or what?!

It should be renamed Fire town man.

TV news reports made mention of how people are concerned with older buildings such as the ones in that neighbourhood, because they weren't built to modern and more stringent building codes, and often lack smoke detectors (or enough smoke detectors).

Aloha,

Brad

how hard is it to put up a few smoke detectors?!!

It's not that hard, but it's one of those things that a lot of people won't/don't realize has to be done until it's too late. (I got lucky: I live in a condo townhouse, and there's an annual fireplace cleaning/inspection* and smoke detector check. This year, they came around and I found out that my single, non-battery-powered, smoke detector wasn't enough. They ripped out the old one and installed three new ones.)

And don't forget, people: this is a daylight savings time time-change weekend, so your smoke detector batteries should be replaced.

Aloha,

Brad

* This is also a good idea, for those who have wood-burning fireplaces.

he'll be back. Knowing his Jamaican heritage' date=' I hope there wasn't anything found in the house that could put him in a bad spot.[/quote']

they were talking about his roots in Montserrat on the radio this morning. he was originally from jamaica? they also said he lost his recording studio on the 2nd floor, over 10k worth of equipment.

I don't really know. it was a really grand assumption due to the the accent I heard in there.