Jambands.ca

I can't sleep in anymore!!

Cully

Ever since I got my new job, started working out, and stopped smoking (all the time) I have found that I can't sleep in!!

I finally have a couple days off after working 6 out of the last 7 days (12 hr shifts) and I was still up at 8am.

Why oh why can't I sleep in anymore?!? Is this normal?

It's your internal clock...and it is better for you to get up for a bit then go back to sleep. I can normally fall back asleep if I rest in bed for a while...it's the worst after a good late night of drinking and waking up at 7-8AM feeling crappy and all you want to do is sleep...

TOTALLY normal my friend. I get up no later than 8:30 am on weekends. I find the solution is a big pot of coffee, freshly packed bowl, the Globe, the net, a book and tons of good music. Do not get out of pyjamas until noon. Doing sweet f-a when you used to sleep is quite theraputic. On Saturday's I often nap at 2pm.

Oh man tell me about it! I took today off as a hooky day so that I would be fresh as a daisy for tonight (my mommy's visiting). I was awake at 7:00, even earlier then I would have got up for work. Blech.

I took this morning off work to sleep in a little and prep for my job interview this afternoon... awake at 5 AM. Faack!!

12 hours shifts can fuck you up Cully. Especially if you're wroking nights. I have no regular sleep schedule at all anymore. No matter what time I go to sleep, 5 hours is about the most I can ever get. I somehow managed 7 hours last night (today I mean). I feel like it's the most I've slept in 2 months.

you only need 5-6 hours a night.. when you're doing shit, your body get used to it.

Doing shit or Sleeping in or sleeping for 5 or 6 hours? Sorry Shain, maybe I'm slow, but I didn't understand that explanation (usually I understand you man....

Cully I have had the same thng happen after stopping for a while, but I couldn't fall asleep no matter how long a day I had and then I would wake up early as well. I missed sleeping but I don't think I was tired.

I just hate when I wake up so early, can't nap in the afternoon, and then end up falling asleep that night wayyyy to early!

me too!! my job now, i get up at 4:10 every day, so on weekends, sleeping in to me is getting outta bed around 6:30-7, then ive gotta sneak downstairs to the smoking lounge to make coffee so as to not wake the wifey with the sweet smells of it. it sure is frustrating getting up all fresh and ready to fight the day at 7 on a saturday, but your body totally gets used to sleep patterns. im a big believer in the afternoon naps if we are going out or anything that night.

hope you find your rhythm cully