Jambands.ca

How do you get over a slump?

Ms Zimmy

Me, I like to go to a yoga class...followed by meeting some good friends for drinks and good laughs. Especially if its girl time, I love laughing with my friends.

I also like to play my Bob Dylan Albums really loud, smoke and dance with my cat.

Eating crackers with camembert while talking to my mom or sisters on the phone.

Sometimes, I go downstairs and play the drums in our jam space. In the summer I like to longboard while drinking coffee with no place to go.

What do you do after a bad day at work,? Or just to lift your spirits when they are down?

I do the dishes that I have been putting off for much too long, crank up some Grateful Dead and dance around my kitchen. Flaky but it works. Music in general can lift my spirits, but if I really need a pick-up the Dead and Marley seem to be the right antidote.

Some good old fashion lovins can certainly put me in the right spot.

A good run always clears my mind, if I can motivate myself to the point of going for one. My little nephew can break me out of any dark mood, all he has to do is say my name or smile.

This thread is a breath of fresh air. Thank you Ms_Zimmy.

well then william i think it's about time you watched Endless Love (again)

personally i just eat celery and lots of it

You still on that 'head'cheese kick DaveyBoy??

I like to sit in my basement and crank out the reggae. Irie meditations. It's something about the driving basslines that just picks me right up. Cooking also helps me. I believe that what you eat and when you eat can drastically affect your moods. Warm and spiced dishes always help to make me feel better.

I do the dishes that I have been putting off for much too long, crank up some Grateful Dead and dance around my kitchen. Flaky but it works. Music in general can lift my spirits...

i do the same. i once read a book by a monk about peace and happiness... the idea is that having your hands in a sink of hot soapy water can be a good feeling, and therapeutic too. i've held onto that outlook. for me it's not so much Grateful Dead, but funky beats and hiphop though.