Jambands.ca

World Beats and Eats - April 6th - benefiting the 4 C's

WB&E

World Beats and Eats

April 6th - 2007

Mercury Lounge

56 Byward st. (sidedoor/upstairs)

$8 at the Door

-Benefit for - Crichton Cultural Community Centre organizers of the Ottawa Lumière Festival

-Eats by - Luxe Bistro, Stella, Blue Cactus

-Beats - This months giveaways are mixtapes from the local event TIMEKODE.

In house Beats by Emily Jones

--w/ long awaited Special Guest Zattar

-Vernissage for - Eric Chan

******************************************************************************************

The Beneficiaries:

I had heard massive boasts of recognition for the Crichton Cultural Community Centre and the work they do. I had seen posters all over town telling me about the Lumière Festival, a community event devoted to lanterns, performers and community art. Only recently can I really say that I found out that the two were so closely tied. This community centre and festival are bringing illumination to a part of our city and scene that needs their passion and exuberance. The Crichton Cultural Community Centre is located at 200 Crichton - 2nd Floor (Avon Lane entrance), and the Lumière Festival is in New Edinburgh/Stanley Park, August 11th 2007.

The Eats:

-Luxe Bistro

(47 York Street - 613-241-8805 - www.luxebistro.com) - My very first experience in this sharply styled bistro was with a friend who was satisfying her need for steak. Being vegetarian, I did not taste it but her satisfaction and contentment lead me to believe that she was pleased with her meal. The samples from Luxe Bistro will do more than please you April 6th at WB&E.

-Stella Osteria

(81 Clarence Street - 613-241-2200 - www.stellaosteria.com) - I attended a co-workers birthday dinner at Stella Osteria about 8 months ago. It was my first time in the restaurant and also one of my first times dinning out in a long time. The chef prepared a meal that suited my "special needs" with a flair that most vegetarians don't expect. Expect great WB&E samplings on April 6th from Stella.

-Blue Cactus

(2 Byward Market Street- 613-241-7061 - www.bluecactusbarandgrill.com) - Blue Cactus has some fresh fruit daiquiris that stun and amaze. I know they have some amazing food too, but every time I walk by their big bay windows I only have eyes for all the long stemmed glasses filled with fresh fruit and booze. We won't get fruity boozy samples at WB&E on April 6th because that's illegal, but I will finally see the great food from Blue Cactus.

The Beats:

This month the musical giveaways are provided by the local event TIMEKODE (www.timekode.com) - mixtapes will be on hand and will go quickly.

Always swanky in house beats.

** 7-8:30pm

beats w/ Emily Jones (emilyjones.ca, E18hteen, Social, Mercury)

** 8:30-10pm

Special Guest - Zattar

Vernissage for:

Eric Chan's work struck me all at once at a fundraising event for SAW gallery in the late part of last year. Deep wells of blackness or whiteness made striking by the creatures of spreading and creeping color. Come and see it!

Raffle Items:

This month's Raffle items include the following: Zeke Artstuff shirts, beautiful paper lanterns, and 2 Flex Passes for the 06/07 Season of the Great Canadian Theatre Company

********************************************************************************************

April 6th - 2007 - 7-10pm

Mercury Lounge

56 Byward st. (sidedoor/upstairs)

$8 at the Door (includes FOOD and Limited MUSIC GIVEAWAYS)

613-882-0923

This is a MONTHLY event (first Friday of the month) so get your name on the mailing list by signing up at www.artengine.ca/worldbeatsandeats

You’ll get details early for each event.

Brad Campeau