Jambands.ca

Killer Foo Fighters Show

AD

I'm not much of a fan, but this show fucking rocks. SO good. It's a DVD Audio rip of a show last June in Hyde Park, London. Special guests include Lemmy (Motorhead opened), and Brian May and Roger Taylor from a little band named Queen.

Quality is great, performance is awesome.

I guess I'm converted now. Never thought I'd say that about the Foos.

http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com/2007/03/foo-fighters-take-hyde-park-by-brute.html

very cool. thanks for this! just grabbed it.

kinda funny too. yesterday I was actually thining how good the acapella Best Of You was when the Foos opened for Dylan last Fall in London. This version has instruments, but the power of Grohl's voice is still pretty impressive.

people should grab this even if you think you dont like the Foos.

I'm glad you like it. Dave Grohl gets a bad name considering how many awesome tunes he's come out with. The last Foo show I saw at the Ampitheatre was incredible.

I'm reminded of a Howard Stern show I saw where Dave was on, and Stern couldn't get enough of Everlong, saying it was his favourite song of all time. From what I saw at the concert, I don't think his opinon is an isolated one.

I'll take it.....

I never told anyone I saw the Foo Fighters at the Opera House before their first album came out. If anyone has ever seen me in my Stormtrooper shirt, Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder gave me and my buddy one in the alley before the show. They had just bought 30 from a street seller and wanted fans to wear them.

Thats right, Eddie Vedder was hanging out, as he was the opening band (Hovercraft, with his wife Beth) and also played guitar with Dave for the set (remember at that time, there were no real Foo Fighters), along with MIKE WATT ON BASS.

Unbelieveable evening.

I even got Mike to sign my ticket stub with Dave and Eddie gave me a tshirt.

I'll take it.....

I never told anyone I saw the Foo Fighters at the Opera House before their first album came out. If anyone has ever seen me in my Stormtrooper shirt, Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder gave me and my buddy one in the alley before the show. They had just bought 30 from a street seller and wanted fans to wear them.

Thats right, Eddie Vedder was hanging out, as he was the opening band (Hovercraft, with his wife Beth) and also played guitar with Dave for the set (remember at that time, there were no real Foo Fighters), along with MIKE WATT ON BASS.

Unbelieveable evening.

I even got Mike to sign my ticket stub with Dave and Eddie gave me a tshirt.

I was there. I got my ticket signed by Mike Watt. Hovercraft was horrible... the Foo's rocked, and the Mike Watt was pretty good... I liked how he played bass notes by dropping the bass on his head.

So then you certainly remember Dave and the boys wearing those shirts and even toques if I remember correctly? I think Eddie wore a mask for the first part of the set.

The date was June 4 for sure, because as soon as the show let out I drove down to Yonge Street and bought Pink Floyd Pulse which was released at midnight (and maybe even Soul Asylum Let Your Dim Light Shine).

Cool memories.

I remember that show. I was (and still am) a big Mike Watt fan (so is Dave Schools fwiw). By the time I found out about that show it was sold out, and I didn’t bother trying to get a ticket the night of the show (can’t remember why now).

I’ll finally get to see Mike Watt as a member of the Stooges in a few weeks.

BWM, I remember you telling me about Mike Watt and them back then. I had no idea who they were.

I just saw Rob today. He said you were coming to town for your draft and the Rheos. If you have any time it would be good to hook up for a drink or something. Let me know if you'll have any time.

I never really payed much attention to the Foo back when, and I really wish I did.

Bouche I had no idea you were there too; I paid for killer tickets, expecting a bomb Dylan show for me and my pops. The whole time I was anxious for the Foo Fighters, and MAN what a show. I had no idea they were going to remake most of their stuff- I only wished they were the headliner. We ended up leaving early on Dylan's set, the music was actually unbearably repetitive.

I never really payed much attention to the Foo back when, and I really wish I did.

Bouche I had no idea you were there too; I paid for killer tickets, expecting a bomb Dylan show for me and my pops. The whole time I was anxious for the Foo Fighters, and MAN what a show. I had no idea they were going to remake most of their stuff- I only wished they were the headliner. We ended up leaving early on Dylan's set, the music was actually unbearably repetitive.

wrong bouche jordan.