Jambands.ca

The official Canuck Soccer thread

Davey Boy 2.0

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is also a charismatic coach who told his Reggae Boyz to dance with the ball and romance it like they would their girlfriend.

Based on that simple nugget alone, count this as my vote for Simoes becoming our next coach.

Maybe we can come up with a new slogan?

Bringing Back The Romance:

soccer_canada_vert.jpg

Canada had the chance to build a super team a few years back when I was playing. Also in my year at the u 17 WC and U 19 Wc were Dwayne De Rosario, Kevin McKenna, Grant Nash, Garret Kusch. We had a good solid team and more and more players coming on each game. They also should have never let Owen Hargraves go to play for England. The CSA doesnt get the funding to produce good quality and hasnt made developing a team a priority at all. I hope this tournament in Ottawa will get the CSA more involved in what is going on.

They also should have never let Owen Hargraves go to play for England.

If I recall correctly, they didnt have a choice. That was his alone and he didnt appreciate the way Canada regarded his career so when the chance came, bye bye Hargraves but you are right. It all comes down to funding. That's why Barrett and I are fat old men with busted knees.

(I always knew I would find something for us to blame DaveyBoy!)

They also should have never let Owen Hargraves go to play for England.

If I recall correctly' date=' they didnt have a choice.

[/quote']

They could have stopped it on the grounds that he hadnt yet signed a professional contract. He was playing in Europe but he was on an ameteur(reserve) contract, similar to the A-B contract in hockey so you can go back and forth to the farm team without having to go on waivers. Also he was already capped in the Senior Mens team he just hadn't played any minutes. The CSA just didnt have the time of the $$$ to put up a fight and risk pissing off the whole team over one player. They would have to have treated the rest of the bunch the same way.

In saying this, one of the few things I have to about the CSA is they never play favourites. Only favourites here are the women's team.

i thought its only a cap if you get on the field.

story i heard he got cut for the nationals at 15, was pissed went to germany a while later for munichs youth system and said fuck canada..

to be fair if i had a chance to play for england i would too.

stupid CSA

it was Real Madrid. He left for Bayern after that.

it was Real Madrid. He left for Bayern after that.

dont think so.

from his official site.

"Owen Hargreaves moved at the age of sixteen from the Calgary Foothills to FC Bayern Munich on 1 July, 1997. For two years he lived in the Youth Hostel House at number 53 Säbener Street. Owen played in the Under 19 team for two and a half years before spending six months with the Amateur team. Whilst with the Under 19s the team reached the Final of the German Championship in 1998. They lost in the Final to Borussia Dortmund, but only after a penalty shoot-out in Dortmund’s “Rote-Erde†Stadium."

HAMILTON, March 25 (Reuters) - A goal apiece from English Premier League players Tomasz Radzinski and Paul Stalteri and one from Atiba Hutchinson gave Canada a comfortable 3-0 win over Bermuda in a friendly international on Sunday.

With Canada dominant, Hutchinson broke the deadlock in the 21st minute with a low drive after breaking in from the right.

The home side nearly equalised seconds later when Ralph Bean poked the ball onto the post but otherwise it was one-way traffic with Radzinski chesting a long ball from Andrew Hainault past the keeper then firing home from an angle.

Radzinski combined well with Stalteri on the right before the defender blasted home after bursting into the box two minutes before the break but Canada were unable to turn their second-half possession into more goals.

"We should have scored a lot of goals but we kept the ball well and moved it around. The players had a bit of difficulty with the very hard pitch," Canada coach Stephen Hart said.

The defeat was the first of the day for Bermuda whose cricketers later lost their World Cup match with Bangladesh by seven wickets.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fooking cracker from de guzman!

once they setttled the canucks looked very good i thought

brutal play by play guy and horrendous officiating though. the colour commentator sounded like a math teacher

great win though, all in all

something to fill the void on saturday:

Sat Jun 09 07:00PM Eastern

Sat Jun 09 08:00PM Atlantic

Sat Jun 09 08:30PM Newfoundland

Length: 2 hr LIVE

Rogers Sportsnet - ALL REGIONS - Canada

CONCACAF Gold Cup/Copa Oro

Canada vs Guadaloupe

Edited by Guest
de rosario looking good

yeah I did. That was one of the worst games Ive seen those lads play in a long time. It looked like they walked on the field with the...ahh its only Gaudeloupe attitude. Everytime Canada gets a win the next time out is complete shit. One win doesnt equal football supremecy. Maybe I should get my manager ticket...maybe Im just a snob?

**cracks the J&B**

I was sure they were going to at least tie that game thanks to the pressure and possession until Guadaloupe started flopping around like a hotdog on a MOBE grill. They right-well knew it so they decided to do something to ensure their points. That was the embarrassment. It was fucking awful!

I was sure they were going to at least tie that game thanks to the pressure and possession until Guadaloupe started flopping around like a hotdog on a MOBE grill. They right-well knew it so they decided to do something to ensure their points. That was the embarrassment. It was fucking awful!

I agree, and Canada was smoking good against Costa Rica. Four guys came to play against the French colony. We just ain't good enough to coast through games.

I never thought they would tie only because Canada didnt know who to give the ball to for the final touch. Someone has to shoot to score. 3 foot passes in the 18 yard box never result in goals.