Jambands.ca

The official Canuck Soccer thread

Davey Boy 2.0

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damnation. i wuz hoping to get to bed early tonight

C'mon you Canucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 11 09:00PM Eastern

Mon Jun 11 10:00PM Atlantic

Mon Jun 11 10:30PM Newfoundland

Length: 2 hr LIVE

Rogers Sportsnet - ALL REGIONS - Canada

CONCACAF Gold Cup/Copa Oro

Haiti vs Canada

Where's the match? TV guide says 1 AM on GOL.

They do everything right but score goals.

what!?!?!?!?!

There are many things they don't do right! the back line is farcical at times, the midfield is spotty, they give possession away cheaply, don't communicate particularly well, the offside trap is shite, etc; Oh yes and by the way and they scored 2 goals last night

MOBE, i'd back away slowly from this thread if i were you

anyway i thought De Rosario is the best player on the team right now and personally i feel more confident with Onstad in nets than Sutton but that may just be a familiarity issue.

Robert Friend was awful last night, had an open net to shoot at (tightish angle but still doable) and instead elected to hold the ball up. Also was in on net and had to switch feet which gave the defender a chance to tackle. Gave the ball away cheaply a few times as well.

Nakajima-Farran, on his 3rd cap played a great game- rarely gave the ball away made some great runs and made a really nice move in the penalty area that resulted in the PK. I thought Pozniak in a kind of holding midfielder role played well (I think he replaced Nash from the start), Attiba the Hun had plenty of possession and generally linked well through the midfield.

Bernier did the job after he came on for De Guzman (who had a quietish game i thought).

The centre half pairing were shakey at times, Andrew Hainault had a couple of bad brain farts that could have been costly and Hastings wasn't too accurate in his passing. Solid game from Stalteri and Jazik though.

Edited by Guest
Hainault not Reda

well it looks like Canada took a major leap in the FIFA world rankings

up to #56 from 93

Details here, inlcuding history etc

I must say that watching them over the last week has made me think that they're playing better than ever. I no longer watch them thinking that they don't seem like they're posing an attacking threat, get the feeling like anything's possible

Edited by Guest
need a nap

protecting the lead is one of the telltale signs- when they've gotten in front lately the play the possession game well and the cheekiness/creativity of de guzman and de rosario points to a technical ability unseen in the past. it's players off the ball that allow for that kind of thing to happen as much as the skill of the individual

sorry to be missing the game on saturday...

The game on Thursday has great potential- Canada's biggest rivals, both teams enjoying a good upsurge in quality of play, everything to play for.

I think if the Canucks play their best game of the tournament they've got a shot at winning this one. I hope there's a bit of a Reds contingent in Foxboro

don't miss it:

Thu Jun 21 07:00PM Eastern

Thu Jun 21 08:00PM Atlantic

Thu Jun 21 08:30PM Newfoundland

Length: 2 hr 30 min LIVE

Rogers Sportsnet - ALL REGIONS - Canada

CONCACAF Gold Cup/Copa Oro - Semifinal 1

United States vs Canada

Edited by Guest