Jambands.ca

Nice - first thunderstorm of the year

Dr_Evil_Mouse

I grew up in Scarborough, down near the Scarborough Bluffs. One night a buddy and I went down to Bluffer's Park, got out of the car and looked South over the lake towards Buffalo. While it was clear and dry where we were, there was a storm out over the lake, and we not only had a clear view of lightning, we actually saw cloud-to-cloud lightning. It was astounding, epic, and awe-inspiring. I haven't seen a good lightning storm in years (I've been inside my house and at the office for a view, but didn't see much).

Aloha,

Brad, Third-Generation Lightning Storm Aficionado

We had one here last Thursday.

PARRY SOUND - One person is dead and another injured after being struck by lightning on the Parry Sound High School roof early Thursday.

Lightning struck two Morgan Construction workers on the roof of the school during a rain storm around 7:30 a.m on March 22.

The Parry Sound Fire Department was called at 7:41 a.m. to help get the two people off the roof. Ambulance attendants were already on scene, Fire Chief Laurence Green said.

The second man remained in the hospital Thursday morning. The Beacon Star could not confirm the extent of the injuries.

School continued as scheduled, but a trauma team was readied if needed by students, said school principal Shahina Butt.

As of 10 a.m. Thursday, two students had used the service, she said.

Morgan Construction was working to replace parts of the school’s leaking roof.