Jambands.ca

The Final Rheo's show ... ever

phishtaper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phorbesie, hie thee hence to a library or bookstore and get your hands on a copy of On A Cold Road by Dave Bidini. It's one of the best books written about Canadian music, and life on the road for a band. (It also has a bunch of history of the Rheostatics, along with stories from Canadian music legends.)

Aloha,

Brad

phorbesie, hie thee hence to a library or bookstore and get your hands on a copy of On A Cold Road by Dave Bidini. It's one of the best books written about Canadian music, and life on the road for a band. (It also has a bunch of history of the Rheostatics, along with stories from Canadian music legends.)

I might also add, hie thee hence to Toronto to see the Rheos for the last time.

If you haven't heard Whale Music, either, be sure to secure yourself a copy so you can spend the rest of the foreseeable future regretting that you never caught them live ;) .

I only got around to seeing them once or twice after Dave Clark left, but I'll never forget the shows I was lucky to catch from '89 till then. Not only did they blow the roof off any room they played in, but they had the most side-splittingly funny stage-banter I've ever seen in a band.