Jambands.ca

google your screen name.

timouse

Neil Diamond:

Captain sunshine, make me drink wine,

Make me feel fine when Im feelin wrongly down.

He dont take much, he dont make much,

But ah, to be such a man as he,

And walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

Captain sunshine, he do me fine,

Make the words rhyme when he knows the tune is sad.

The St. Louis Globe Democrat, 1895

"William Lyons, 25, a levee hand, was shot in the abdomen yesterday evening at 10 o'clock in the saloon of Bill Curtis, at Eleventh and Morgan Streets, by Lee Sheldon, a carriage driver. Lyons and Sheldon were friends and were talking together. Both parties, it seems, had been drinking and were feeling in exuberant spirits. The discussion drifted to politics, and an argument was started, the conclusion of which was that Lyons snatched Sheldon's hat from his head. The latter indignantly demanded its return. Lyons refused, and Sheldon withdrew his revolver and shot Lyons in the abdomen. When his victim fell to the floor Sheldon took his hat from the hand of the wounded man and coolly walked away. He was subsequently arrested and locked up at the Chestnut Street Station. Lyons was taken to the Dispensary, where his wounds were pronounced serious. Lee Sheldon is also known as 'Stag' Lee."

I'm a drink!

Ersh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

1 part Vodka

1 part Beer

Mixing instructions:

Take 1 part Vodka and shake well with 1 part of Best beer you know.

Creator/contributor's comments:

It is really strong cocktail!

From Wikipedia:

"Del is a mathematical tool serving primarily as a convention for mathematical notation; it makes many equations easier to comprehend, write, and remember. Depending on the way Del is applied, it can describe the gradient (slope), divergence (degree to which something converges or diverges) or curl. More intuitive descriptions of each of the many operations Del performs can be found below.

Mathematically, Del can be viewed as the derivative in multi-dimensional space. When used in one dimension, it takes the form of the standard derivative of calculus. As an operator, it acts on vector fields and scalar fields with analogues of traditional multiplication. As with all operators, these analogues should not be confused with traditional multiplication; in particular, Del does not commute.

I found many links to the historical woman herself...a few to the show Deadwood (which I have still not yet seen.)

This hard drinking woman wore men's clothing, used their bawdy language, chewed tobacco and was handy with a gun. She traveled from Arizona through the Dakota territories during her rough life. At her death, the "White Devil of the Yellowstone" was remembered as a saint by the citizens of Deadwood, where she helped nurse the sick during a smallpox plague.

In her later years, Calamity Jane appeared in Wild West shows, including the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show, around the country, featuring her riding and shooting skills. But her chronic drunkenness and fighting caused many problems, and after she was fired in 1901 from a show, she retired to Deadwood, where she died of pneumonia. Calamity Jane was buried next to Wild Bill Hickok.

The reason Calamity Jane was my childhood nickname is due to my grace and poise of regularly walking into door frames or table edges, knocking vases and other breakables off tables, spilling drinks onto carpets and sofas, and generally causing a panic among old ladies when I'd walk into their sitting rooms.

Why "Calamity"? That's what Calamity Jane would threaten to any man who bothered her -- a calamity. Or perhaps it was due to her heroic efforts during the smallpox epidemic. Or maybe it was a description of a very hard and tough life.

The first thing to come up for me was some crazy message board: www.backbacon.net. I didn't understand a thing on there! Here's an example of one thread.:

Subject: Resist gear for Naxx / AQ40.

#1 02-21-2007, 02:30 AM

Haplox wrote:

--------------------------------------------------

I can currently make 2 necklaces that we may find helpful in both places if anyone is interested:

Nature Resistance:

Pendant of Withering

2x Felsteel Bar, 6x Primal Shadow, 4x Primal Life, 1x Mercurial Adamantite

Frost Resistance:

Pendant of Thawing

2x Felsteel Bar, 6x Primal Fire, 4x Primal Water, 1x Mercurial Adamantite

Haplox - 70 Forsaken Priest of the Scryers.

Beare - Orc Beastmaster

Obdurate - Paladin

#2 02-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Stankeye wrote:

Sweet

Garouson - Warlock

Garouson on the Armory

#3 02-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Haplox wrote:

I should probably note that I have a little bit of mercurial adamantite sitting around from prospecting adamantite and donations of primal earth from Ssllayer.

Haplox - 70 Forsaken Priest of the Scryers.

Beare - Orc Beastmaster

Obdurate - Paladin

#4 02-21-2007, 05:00 PM

flatlined wrote:

I can make the nat resist head and shoulders from cen circle and the shadow resist from ad faction for belt and legs all cloth.

Flatlined 69 lock

Asiff 70 mage

Flatshadow 64 rogue

Altaego 63 Feral druid

Yeah, I think it's a site where aliens hang out or something! :crazy:

I did come across this picture though:

birthdayjk4.jpg

I'm not even going to start to comment on CJ's returns there ;) .

My own moniker is a bit too idiosyncratic to turn up more than my profile here, but "evil mouse" gives this as a first hit:

The Evil Mouse Puddle is designed to be dropped on a bitmap sprite while looping on the frame. It renders DIRECT-TO-STAGE, i.e., you cannot put other sprites on top of it without suffering silly consequences.

... which, taken abstractly enough, gives me a bit of a chuckle.

this is fun!!!

schwa...that illustration is hilarious!

keri, the way I read it, you may be dealing more with wizards, warlocks, comic-book-guy types, and 45-year-old--Dungeons-and-Dragons wanks. Still...very interesting to think someone may stumle upon our site/posts and be equally confused.

dave...I'll be sure to be extra careful around any bitmap sprites while I'm looping on a frame...we certainly don't need any more silly consequences than we already have, right?

The Purple Foot has been in business since 1995 thanks to the large number of loyal customers who share the joy of starting and bottling their "personalized" wine.

With many years of winemaking experience and knowledge, the staff of The Purple Foot is more than qualified to assist you in selecting a wine which will suit your taste and expectations.

:::

Making your wine is easy, fun, and inexpensive.

All you have to do is:

· Select your wine

· Sprinkle the yeast in the primary

· Depending on the wine, we will call you in 4 to 6 weeks to bottle

· You may bring in your own bottles or we have bottles for sale

· A wide variety of bottle labels and shrink caps are displayed in the store to 'finish' off your wine

· Customized labels are available for special occasions, such as weddings and anniversaries

· A large number of our customers bring family and friends to join them - bottling becomes an hour of fun to 'grape' talk

:::

And don't forget...

Every time you purchase 1 wine kit from The Purple Foot, you will receive 1 TOE. Collect 10 TOES and your next wine kit purchase is FREE! - All you pay is the Brewing Fee for The Purple Foot to help you make your wine.

The Purple Foot Winemaker

LOL Backbacon those entries are about World of Warcraft! I am a bit sad that I know that...but not really.

Third entry for googling "peipunk"

The mics were taped about 7' off the floor, splayed to have one point at Dave Lauzon's cabinet, and the other to point at PEIPunk's cabinet

Take a wild guess who wrote that.....

i just get stuff that ive posted on this and other sites.

nowhere near as exciting as a page about drinking purple ersh at captain bill curtis' saloon and getting into a calamitous mathematical argument over german punctuation with a freaky tattoo'd chick after a long day of birdwathcing with greg allman and cher. and then, waking up the next morning next to three stuffed monkeys in party hats. you guys know how to live! :P

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Tricky

Background information

Birth name Adrian Thaws

Also known as Tricky Kid

Born January 27, 1968

Origin Knowle West, Bristol, England Flag of England

Genre(s) Trip-hop

Occupation(s) producer, mixer, musician

Instrument(s) Vocals, Keyboards, Harmonica

Associated

acts The Wild Bunch

Massive Attack

Website http://www.trickyonline.com/

For other uses, see Tricky (disambiguation).

Adrian Thaws (born January 27, 1968), better known as Tricky, is an English rapper and musician important in the trip hop and British music scene (despite loathing the "trip hop" tag). He is noted for a whispering lyrical style that is half-rapped, half-sung. As a producer and a musician, he is noted for a dark, rich and layered sound. Culturally, Tricky bridges white and black Britain, particularly in his fusion of rock and hip hop, high art and pop culture.

Turns out there is a girl calling herself peacelizard on a DMB forum. I quote: "peacelizard comes from my screen name which is "justanotherlizard4peace" which comes from a really cool batik t-shirt that i aquired at lallapalooza in new orleans some time ago.it had a purple gecko on it and "just another lizard for peace"

Sad bit is I got it from the same shirt, which I bought at my first show at Rich Stadium way back in '89. Time for a new moniker, I guess.

Everybody knows the face of the star known as the Prince of R & B in the country. His name is JayR and his face animates almost every corner of the major highways in the capital. And that voice - of course - it’s the one that sends his fans swooning, screaming, singing, or all of them at the same time. He has been called no less than the successor to Mr. Gary Valenciano. His concerts are packed with crowds and his records are selling hot off the presses. In demand, with his celebrity status still skyrocketing - a young star JayR truly is.

star_power_jayr.jpg

Turns out I have a fan club too!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/piper_reyes/jayR/jayr.html

Edited by Guest

Rick James

Superfreak

She's a very kinky girl

The kind you don't take home to mother

She will never let your spirits down

Once you get her off the street, ow girl

She likes the boys in the band

She says that I'm her all-time favorite

When I make my move to her room it's the right time

She's never hard to please

{Refrain}

That girl is pretty wild now

The girl's a super freak

The kind of girl you read about

In new-wave magazine

That girl is pretty kinky

The girl's a super freak

I really love to taste her

Every time we meet

She's all right, she's all right

That girl's all right with me, yeah

She's a super freak, super freak

She's super-freaky, yow

Super freak, super freak

She's a very special girl

The kind of girl you want to know

>From her head down to her toenails

Down to her feet, yeah

And she'll wait for me at backstage with her girlfriends

In a limousine

Going back in Chinatown

Three's not a crowd to her, she says

"Room 714, I'll be waiting"

When I get there she's got incense, wine and candles

It's such a freaky scene

{Refrain}

{Bridge}

Temptations sing!

Ohhhhh

Super freak, super freak

That girl's a super freak

Ohhhhh

She's a very kinky girl

The kind you don't take home to mother

She will never let your spirits down

Once you get her off the street, ow girl

Blow, Danny!

____

I was hoping for a cool pic but I got the lyrics at first click.