Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go - Fan Forum

djmelbatoast

I think it sent a message to Towers that he's got to be real good to win. And in this particular case, he can get the loss, and not feel too bad about the way he pitched... his team let him down, and it was the 'B' team. He'll do that much better when he gets the 'A' team hitting and fielding for him, and he's not coming off 10 days rest for his first start of the year.

Towers could still suck... but he did great in Spring Training, and it would be great to have some punch for our 5th starter, so I'm hoping for the best.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whos been to a bunch of Jays games in the past couple of years? Cully? If you have, can you please tell me if the fans are really as quiet and boring as they appear to be on TV? Its like a freakin mosoleum in there. You can hear a pin drop. Why is this? Im hoping that most peripheral sound is cut out by the sound guys on purpose, but I imagine its not. Boo to Jays fans.

Whos been to a bunch of Jays games in the past couple of years? Cully? If you have, can you please tell me if the fans are really as quiet and boring as they appear to be on TV? Its like a freakin mosoleum in there. You can hear a pin drop. Why is this? Im hoping that most peripheral sound is cut out by the sound guys on purpose, but I imagine its not. Boo to Jays fans.

Hey Hal, I've been a flex-pack contributor for three years and usually go to 7-10 games a year - sitting in the 100 level on the 1st or 3rd base sides.

The crowd is normally as boring as you think, however they pick it up considerably when the roop is open and the Yanks and Red Sox are in town. The acoustics of the dome are still awful and the wealthy season ticket holders DO NOT like people standing up and cheering. However, the atmosphere is getting much better thanks to the improvments on the field and the retrofit upgrades to the stadium.

Ya, the dome is aweful cavernous.

Still though, people need to get over themselves and cheer their team on. I dont care who you are (not you Jaimoe), teams respond better to an enthusiastic crowd.

I really kinda feel that the homecrowd will make a difference for them when it comes to stretch time. Its not enough to just be loud for the Sox or Yanks, cuz in between them we'll invariably get the bottom feeders.

Edited by Guest

I'd say the crowd is just overly polite. They do cheer when there's a homerun or strike-out, but between pitches they are pretty quiet. The 500 level is noisy, but the place is so huge the sound they make doesn't carry well to the lower level. The worst level in terms of noise is the 200's. It's populated by the same corporate people that are eating shrimp and drinking champagne instead of sitting in their platinum seats at Leaf games.

Am I the only one who is completly frustrated by Gibbons managing decisions?

Also, Jaimoe, you are completely right about Jamie Campbel. The biggest tool I have ever heard speak on TV. I've been off work with an injury and have watched most of the games on TV and this guy is a joke.

He'll say such stupid things that Tabler (and has it my Muluniks the last few games) is left totally speachless and there are 5 or 6 seconds of silence as everyone trys to comprehend what that idiot is talking about.

It's starting to make me play tunes over the broadcasts.

Am I the only one who is completly frustrated by Gibbons managing decisions?

Also, Jaimoe, you are completely right about Jamie Campbel. The biggest tool I have ever heard speak on TV. I've been off work with an injury and have watched most of the games on TV and this guy is a joke.

He'll say such stupid things that Tabler (and has it my Muluniks the last few games) is left totally speachless and there are 5 or 6 seconds of silence as everyone trys to comprehend what that idiot is talking about.

It's starting to make me play tunes over the broadcasts.

I was dumbfounded when Gibbons yanked Halladay in the 8th after 6 hits and 95 pitches, with one out. The only reason why I can see him yanking Roy is that he pitched a 10 inning complete game his last time out, and that Roy threw some intense pitches against a tough Red Sox line-up. Roy said he wasn't tired when he was pulled.

BTW, the new "listen" Jays radio broadcasts are excellent thanks to Alan Ashby. Turn the radio on and turn off the volume on the TV, i.e. Campbell.