Jambands.ca

What was your Favorite game as a kid?

Ms Zimmy

outdoor_pool_tables_2000.jpg

Backgammon_board3.jpg

get_file.media?filename=99960.jpg&folder=26468&account_id=22887&width=470≠=1

hungry%20hippos.jpg

BF539-3.jpg

Also as a teenager with new liscence, and the dead suburban streets to roam with friends we came up with a couple fun games.

The first was car tag... where you put someone in the trunk of each car, and you race around looking for the other car in the suburbs. Once you find them, you corner them in, pop the trunk, and the guy in the back has to get out and tag the other car. The best was opening the trunk at a red light and having someone jump out much to the shock of the cars around us, and the guy getting out of the trunk.

We also would play 'Baricade', where we would take all those bags full of leaves, and create a wall. We would just 'finish' a wall when a car was turning down the street, then we would get in the car and take off. Good fun... we had a cab driver chase us for an hour one night from that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bringing back so many memories now I'm all misty ;) Kick the Can, Guns, Hide and Seek, Doctor/Investigator ;)

One really fun and challengeing, yet strange game;

to be walking home from downtown after a movie or generally hanging around looking for pop bottles to cash in. We would point our selves in the direction of our house which may have been maybe three, four kilometers away and then set out for home, climbing over, under, whatever was in our way. Object; get as far as you could before getting chased by animals or angry homeowners.

I can just imagine the fear we must have been instilling in some folks as three or four of us went scrambling over the roof of their living room.

I've seen these commercials where people are "roofing" and I think about how I should have gone pro way back ;)

Been thinking about this since posting and man, were we crazier then or now?

Edited by Guest
spelling and thought

Also as a teenager with new liscence, and the dead suburban streets to roam with friends we came up with a couple fun games.

Us, too. I somehow figured out a trick I could do with the car I drove at the time.

I would find an empty parking lot with lots of snow, or ideally ice. I would turn my steering wheel as far as it could go to the left, and then put it in reverse. I would gun the engine as hard as I could, and the car would actually spin; doing 360s in one spot. We called it "The Time Machine". My poor car; I can only wonder how horrible that must have been for the engine, in so many ways. Geez we were dumb (but creative!).