Jambands.ca

Official 2007 NHL Playoff Thread

badams

So who does everyone like in round 2?

I think the Sabres/Rangers series might be the most exciting. I expect lots of violence in this series, and maybe even a concussion or two. This one could go the full seven. Prediction: Sabres in 7.

The Sens better come out with all guns blazing against NJ. The Devils have a tendency to lull their opponents (and the fans) into a deep sleep, then they score late in the 3rd and win the game 2-1. Wonder if the Devils can sell out their building this series? Most people would rather watch paint dry than sit through the tedium. Prediction: Sens in 5.

Red Wings/San Jose? I'd like to see SJ advance, mostly because Detroit has spent more than their fair share of time in the winner's circle in the past decade. Joe Thornton deserves to compete for the cup. Prediction: Sharks in 6.

Of course, I'm cheering for Vancouver against Anaheim. We can't have a team owned by Disney called "The Mighty Ducks" winning. It's just not right. Prediction: Canucks in 7.

Edited by Guest
added my predictions.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabres/Rangers - I'm thinking Sabres in 6 (and with the violence that you suggest )

Sens/Devils - I have NO idea on this one. IF Brodeur plays like he can, and the Devils defence in front of him, I think that Ottawa is gonna have a bitch of a time with this series. I see frustration and sleepiness. Let's see how the refs call the hooking and interference ...

Sharks/Red Wings - San Jose all the way. Don't let Hasek get near that Cup dammit! Sharks are such a fun team to watch. Should be an entertaining round.

Canucks/Ducks - Ducks are being labelled as heavy favourites. I'm not so sure. If Vancouver can get on a scoring run and chase Jiggy out of the net, they could really get that underdog momentum working for them. Go Canucks!!!! Get Cheney out to hunt a few Ducks ... just don't be near him when he does.

A lot of people seem to be giving the Rangers a chance to win this series. The Sabres played a bit lackadaisical against NYI, but I think they'll be back in top form this round. Buffalo is healthiest they've been all year right now, I still think they're the favourite to go all the way in the East.

Anaheim is neither owned by Disney nor called the Mighty Ducks. Vancouver barely beat a team whose offense was led by the likes of Stu Barnes and Mike Ribeiro. Luongo is going to have to stand on his head and the Sedins are going to have to step up for them to have a chance.

I picked NJ two weeks ago, I like the Sens after seeing the way they played.

Buf, Ott, SJ, Ana.

Anaheim is neither owned by Disney nor called the Mighty Ducks.

I sit corrected:

In 2005, Broadcom co-founder Henry Samueli of Irvine, California and his wife, Susan, bought the Mighty Ducks from The Walt Disney Company for a reported $75 million (USD). The Samuelis have pledged to keep the team in Anaheim.

On January 26, 2006, the team announced, effective with the 2006-07 season, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim would change their name to the Anaheim Ducks.

Still though, as a hockey purist, I don't like hockey teams located in places that don't have winter.

Still though, as a hockey purist, I don't like hockey teams located in places that don't have winter.

good thing Ottawa didn't have to wait until there was snow on the ground to lace 'em up! :):)

(we still woulda beat the leafs)