Jambands.ca

Toronto Tacos

bouche

Screw that. The best burritos are on Queen Street West, just east of Bathurst called New York Subway. They don't load up the burritos with beans and rice. They make the best burrito I've ever had.

http://toronto.ibegin.com/restaurants/new-york-subway

Serious. Veggie or meat; dis place is da bomb! If you're on a date, be sure to take it out and go to Trinity Bellwoods or something. Not the most romantic place in town. (I usually go there when I need to mow down, all messy and solo like!)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread mentioned chicken wings. I've been eating meat again for just over a year (this thread is fucking old!) and have to put a plug out there for my hometown hero Tre, a.k.a. The Wing Master. Best wings ever, seriously. Go to Brantford, on the corner of Erie ave and Eagle is Wingmaster's (or call 519-750-1440 for delivery). Huge wings, over 200 flavours, $18.67 for two pounds if you pick them up, $22.something for delivery.

And whats the info on the Event Kev???

http://www.roythomson.com/eventInfo.cfm?E=96&YearMonth=2008,9

Los Lobos

with special guest Pistolera

Massey Hall

$59.50 - $29.50

September 19, 2008 8:00 PM

LosLobos.jpg

Massey Hall presents

These audacious Grammy® Award-winning Latino rockers have carved out a distinctive place in the American soundscape, with a singular mash-up of blues, rockabilly, jazz, Latin, and Mexican-American influences. Los Lobos subtly challenge their fans with conscience-raising songs and thought-provoking lyrics. With support from New York City’s critically acclaimed electrifying quartet, Pistolera.

I lived on Clinton just a half block up from Tacos El Asador all year! BUT that said, I never have understood what all the fuss is about. I guess it is the most authentic and they are making their own tortillas and all that, which is great. But I just didn't find the taste factor was there. This is undoubtedly due to my Taco Bell upbringing and what I have come to expect from the US taco scene.. It all comes down to cheese or lack thereof. That's why I love Burrito Boyz as well.

The pupusas are pretty killer at El Asador though! The breakfast is good too.

But seriously you MUST eat at the Korean place directly across the street from Tacos El Asador. Its on the s-e corner of the street, the sign is only in Korean and its flourescent green. (Clinton's is on the S-W corner) Its the one that is packed to the brim with Korean people. As someone who ate kimchi 24/7 in Korea for 2 years, I am confident in saying this is the best shit in town. Its not BBQ, mind you, its dubu (tofu) jiggae. Get the spicy kimchi dubu jiggae. The side dishes all rule as well. Damn.

Edited by Guest