Jambands.ca

need a place to crash

kung

I can never tell you about the day I've had. Much of what I know are best termed as State Secrets although I am notably what I appear to be, a rare rare exception on the 'internets', a poor overly idealistic and insanely educated Music Writer who really Just wants to write about Hip Hop which is admittedly the biggest hustle in the game.

In any case I'm ghost dawging around TO and have literally a dime in my pocket, a stack of international financial papers out of which I could make a single stock pick that would fly me around the world for the rest of my life on that dime, but really it's 5:OO on the nose, I'm completely estranged from my 'family' (they have turned me away for the last time), my Phamily and I need like one friend.

I've got to get to Halifax tomorrow and I'm sure that's easy enough - given the DAY I've had- but I need to chill for a bit.

I can never tell you about the day I've had. Much of what I know are best termed as State Secrets although I am notably what I appear to be, a rare rare exception on the 'internets', a poor overly idealistic and insanely educated Music Writer who really Just wants to write about Hip Hop which is admittedly the biggest hustle in the game.

In any case I'm ghost dawging around TO and have

literally a dime in my pocket, a stack of

international financial papers out of which I

could make a single stock pick that would fly me

around the world for the rest of my life on that

dime, but really it's 5:OO on the nose, I'm

completely estranged from my 'family' (they have

turned me away for the last time), my Phamily and

I need like one friend.

ha ha were is the sherriff

sorry my house is full

prime minister should be landing soon

the big election tomorrow

I've got to get to Halifax tomorrow and I'm sure that's easy enough - given the DAY I've had- but I need to chill for a bit.

I know he's been a super-dick, but aren't people getting concerned?

Some of what he's written lately would be hilarious as a sketch comedy routine BUT as far as I know, it's NOT. Is someone capable of reaching his family and finding out if he's getting the care/intervention he needs....am I over-reacting?...is this all a grand set-up?

I don't know the dude, but I am feeling concerned by the more-than-'normal' disjointedness of his recent ramblings

I know he's been a super-dick, but aren't people getting concerned?

Some of what he's written lately would be hilarious as a sketch comedy routine BUT as far as I know, it's NOT. Is someone capable of reaching his family and finding out if he's getting the care/intervention he needs....am I over-reacting?...is this all a grand set-up?

I don't know the dude, but I am feeling concerned by the more-than-'normal' disjointedness of his recent ramblings

I don't think you're over-reacting, and I'm concerned as well. If anybody can come up with a way people in another city can help, let us/me know.

Aloha,

Brad

It's hard to judge sincerity with the guy. One day he'll post with razors instead of a tounge, then the next day he's all apologetic and sweet, next day the cycle returns. If he was sincere I too would be concearned and would do what I could to help the guy out. You just don't know. Did he make it to Halifax?

I've been checking the stuff on stillepost.com or whatever it is and the man has bubbled over, or damn close to it. He's raving and seriously needs help. He's dug an awful lot of holes lately though, and I don't know who would be willing to step up to bat. I'm sure authorities of some sort will move in soon enough.

Thanks, T...at least that's some news....

He's dug an awful lot of holes lately though, and I don't know who would be willing to step up to bat.

exactly! Many have been burned by reaching out before it got to this....what? level of complete breakdown......

I'm sure authorities of some sort will move in soon enough.

and perhaps this is the best....it took me a looooooong time to come to the understanding/acceptance that mental illness is (can be ) CHEMICAL and therefore can be helped medically.

I don't believe that whomever is willing to help can actually help. People that who have gone to school for a decade have a difficult time helping (although I'm sure that's sometimes because of "restrictions"). This is not to say that we can't help, and certainly not to say that we can't do any more harm. Kind words? Honest words? A slap to the face? Which is helpful and which is destructive?

The paranoia that is apparent to us certainly raises flags. There is no question that help is needed.

If you haven't experienced mental illness with someone in your life, and you feel the need to respond in these threads, I hope that you can talk with someone who has. If not for Luke, then at the very least your own satisfaction...you won't get fired up/offended anymore.

I don't believe that whomever is willing to help can actually help. People that who have gone to school for a decade have a difficult time helping (although I'm sure that's sometimes because of "restrictions"). This is not to say that we can't help, and certainly not to say that we can't do any more harm. Kind words? Honest words? A slap to the face? Which is helpful and which is destructive?

The paranoia that is apparent to us certainly raises flags. There is no question that help is needed.

If you haven't experienced mental illness with someone in your life, and you feel the need to respond in these threads, I hope that you can talk with someone who has. If not for Luke, then at the very least your own satisfaction...you won't get fired up/offended anymore.

amen sister

I know he's been a super-dick' date=' but aren't people getting concerned?

I don't know the dude, but I am feeling concerned by the more-than-'normal' disjointedness of his recent ramblings[/quote']

I don't think you're over-reacting, and I'm concerned as well. If anybody can come up with a way people in another city can help, let us/me know.

Aloha,

Brad

Brad, CJ

I'm responding here because I know you're both genuinely concerned. Lukes family does know what's going on. Luke doesn't agree with their thoughts on whats best for him, what he needs etc so hence the "my family has deserted me."

This is a serious situation not a joke. The paranoia is only one aspect of a clearly messed situation.

Lynne. I'm at a loss. I'm sending you a pm.