Jambands.ca

BLUESFEST LINEUP RELEASED

AD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've just changed plans from the Montreal Jazz Fest to this, that's for sure. I think we'll try to get there for Friday night until Tuesday night. Get to see Buddy Guy for my birthday. sweeeet! Jonny Lang right before him too!!

Anyone have any recomendations on hotels close by or, better yet, camping for a couple days?

meh....sub par if you ask me...I don't think I'll be going this year...too many fuggin lawn chairs...

Actually, I am wondering how the lawn chair system would work this year ... since instead of having one main stage where the lawnchair mafia would set up, they have two at opposite ends of the field and alternate act, so it doesn't look like they would be able to stay in one spot without missing half the main stage lineup.

meh....sub par if you ask me...I don't think I'll be going this year...too many fuggin lawn chairs...

Actually' date=' I am wondering how the lawn chair system would work this year ... since instead of having one main stage where the lawnchair mafia would set up, they have two at opposite ends of the field and alternate act, so it doesn't look like they would be able to stay in one spot without missing half the main stage lineup.[/quote']

You're assuming each of them brings only one lawn chair each.

Aloha,

Brad

I'm sooo tempted to email Bluesfest and ask if i can bring 3 or 4 lawnchairs so i can set one up at each stage, just to see what they have to say.

"...and I'd like to hold each of them in place with 8" steel tent pegs to ensure that they are there when I return the following day"

Put me down for a subscription to your newsletter.

Aloha,

Brad

I thought it was a great idea, so I sent one too. Here it is:

Hi,

I have been a long fan and attendee of the Bluesfest. I was curious as to your policy regarding lawnchairs. I have noticed on many occasions that lawnchairs can be left in front of the stages and the owners are allowed to leave their chairs and visit the rest of the venue, in essence, saving their 'spot' for the WHOLE day. In my younger days I found this very annoying. But now as I approach the big '30', I supposed I've mellowed, or got weaker, and the idea of a lawnchair seems more and more appealing, especially since there has been little attempt from the festival (outside of snide remarks from performers on stage) to curtail the use of lawn chairs. So I figure, if you can't beat them join them.

My question then becomes more specifically... is there a limit to how many chairs you can bring in at one time? I would like to bring in a chair to put in front of two or three stages so that I can secure a decent seat for those artists I actually want to get a good view of. I won't be denied anymore! :)

Looking forward to another great year, and also being able to get within 100' of a main stage!!!

Sincerely,

William Schiestel

my 3rd rough draft so far includes a small church pew (a useful figurative transitional tool to help get me up on my pulpit), a reading lamp so that i can read my newspaper and a portable folding coffee table so that i have somewhere to prop my feet and place my laptop so that i can complain about standers in 'real time'

my 3rd rough draft so far includes a small church pew (a useful figurative transitional tool to help get me up on my pulpit), a reading lamp so that i can read my newspaper and a portable folding coffee table so that i have somewhere to prop my feet and place my laptop so that i can complain about standers in 'real time'

Don't forget a small fireplace and a bearskin rug for the dog to curl up on.

Aloha,

Brad