Jambands.ca

BLUESFEST LINEUP RELEASED

AD

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have been a long fan and attendee of the Bluesfest. I was curious as to your policy regarding lawnchairs. I have noticed on many occasions that lawnchairs can be left in front of the stages and the owners are allowed to leave their chairs and visit the rest of the venue, in essence, saving their 'spot' for the WHOLE day. In my younger days I found this very annoying. But now as I approach the big '30', I supposed I've mellowed, or got weaker, and the idea of a lawnchair seems more and more appealing, especially since there has been little attempt from the festival (outside of snide remarks from performers on stage) to curtail the use of lawn chairs. So I figure, if you can't beat them join them.

My question then becomes more specifically... is there a limit to how many chairs you can bring in at one time? I would like to bring in a chair to put in front of two or three stages so that I can secure a decent seat for those artists I actually want to get a good view of. I won't be denied anymore! :)

Looking forward to another great year, and also being able to get within 100' of a main stage!!!

Sincerely,

William Schiestel

and this is the response I got... I guess I can bring in as many chairs as I want!!! :)

We are going to create a lawnchair only section with no standing. If you chose to put your lawnchair in the opposite section and someone stands up in front of you, then we will not do anything about it. But we will try to monitor the lawn chair section as much as possible.

Please be aware, if for example you are in the 5th row and the firs 4 rows stand up we are not going to tell 50 or more people to sit down…

Mike Rouleau

Director of Operations

(p) 247-1188 ex. 232

(f) 247-2220

Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest

July 6-15, 2007

265 Catherine Street

Ottawa, Ont

K1R 7S5

• 3 weeks later...