Jambands.ca

I've just decided...

Tricky

if you rob a bank, manage to get away and bury the loot, then get caught, perhaps a sensational trial would bring the fame.

then, 8-10 years later, you get out of prison and go dig up the money.

presto, rich and famous.

good luck.

:)

otherwise, how about inventing something people really need, but havent thought of yet?

a thermos type thing for urine tests for example, so that theres no change in temperature to make certain the sample is in tip top shape. That might work.

It's actually possible to get rich working a regular job. What you need to do is join a small/medium-sized company (10s to 100s of employees) in an industry that's at the front edge of a "boom" cycle (as, say, telecommunications and the internet was, back in the early/mid-1990s). As the company/industry grows, the demand for skilled workers will often outpace the supply, so salaries go up, bigtime; add in stock options (assuming the company gives them out) or a buyout from a bigger company, and the money gets even better.

Of course, the snag is that you can't know what's going to be really big 3-5 years down the road, and even if you do, you might not have what's wanted (e.g., skills, degree, etc.).

Aloha,

Brad

J-O-B

got a j-o-b...I'm not looking for financial satisfaction' date=' I'm looking to be become rich...got any ideas?[/quote']

Oh, well you could try the lottery. Any idea I might give you would be kept in secret so I could be rich and not you ;)

Does making gobs of money make one feel good in the same way that losing it apparently causes pain?

Money: the smack of late capitalist society?

'Financial pain' a physical reality, researchers say

Last Updated: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 | 12:32 PM ET

CBC News

Do you get a gnawing feeling in your gut that won't go away after taking a hit on the stock market or the poker table? A new study says that sick sensation isn't just emotional — it's physical.

The University College London study, published in the May 2 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience, suggests that gambling and investment losses activate fear and pain responses deep in the brain.

The researchers mapped the brain activity of 24 participants playing poker.

They found that the region in the brain responsible for responding to pain, called the striatum, was activated when players suffered losses.

"This provides a sort of biological justification for the popular concept of 'financial pain,'" researcher Ben Seymour said in a release.

The striatum sends allows the brain to predict harm and prepare defensive action.

Seymour noted the results could be applied to daily financial decisions, including investing, that involves some degree of risk.

"Clearly, none of us want to lose money in the same way that none of us want to experience pain," Seymour noted.

Seymour said he hoped the study's findings would shed some insight into how people respond to and become addicted to gambling.