Jambands.ca

Vegan parents found guilty of infant murder

bouche

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for first-degree murder, you need to show intent to kill. It's possible to be convicted of other types of murder (e.g., second-degree murder), without having to show intent to kill.

Aloha,

Brad

from my many years of watching tv, I thought that a life sentance came from first-degree murder.

I'm heading to wikipedia before you do.

A baby can live on breast milk for one year alone.

I was wondering about breast-feeding in this case, too. I would assume that vegan mothers would be OK with breast-feeding (even if breast milk is an animal product), but it might be that the mother in this case couldn't effectively breast-feed the child, and so resorted to soy milk and apple juice.

Aloha,

Brad

A baby can live on breast milk for one year alone.

a wookie can live on beer and chips for an entire weekend.

That's only true for adult wookies. Wooklings need peanut butter or hummus' date=' too.

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

"Wooklings" arnt supposed to get P-B either. They might be allergic. They shouldnt have it till approx. age 3.

Oh man I cringed when I saw that headline on digg. How about just "Parents found guilty of infant murder by starvation". Just adds to the vegan FUD as it is.

what is fud?

the headline is what it is because they were enforcing their vegan diet on the baby (apparently).

I was wondering about breast-feeding in this case, too. I would assume that vegan mothers would be OK with breast-feeding (even if breast milk is an animal product), but it might be that the mother in this case couldn't effectively breast-feed the child, and so resorted to soy milk and apple juice.

Aloha,

Brad

the general premise with any vegans I've met is based on humans are built to live on their mother's milk at the beginning of life, roughly a year... its as natural as natural gets, we're designed for that

cows milk is designed to pack a few hundred pounds on calves in their first year... makes for a very hearty dietary supplement in a busy world, but if you think about it what other animals drink another species milk?

in any case bad parenting is bad parenting... a child's health comes first, if vegan isn't working obviously you try something else... too bad being vegan seems so bizarre and worthless to so many people... a very difficult diet to get sound information on without a lot of painstaking research (unless you live in india or somewhere its common place)... was way too much work for me, though I still lean heavily in that direction... milk and meat are big business

Many in the medical community believe that soy in large quantities is bad for you anyway, let alone feeding it to a baby.

Unfermented soy is sketchy shit. In moderate doses it is probably safe enough for adults, no worse than the occasional cigarette anyways (and does have some countervailing benefits to speak of), but it's laughable that it has taken off as a health food over the years. I can't understand why parents continue to want to feed their children high doses of phyto-estrogens, but I guess it is the power of marketing blitz.