Jambands.ca

Happy Star Wars Day

Velvet

I was going to say, this thread is really going to bring out the uber-geek in me, but then I remembered, hey, I am an uber-geek anyway, so it's all good.

I still remember seeing that movie when it first ran in theatres, being all of 9 years old; I think I saw it about half a dozen times that first year. Even with all my accumulated cynicism in the years since, I still think it's one of the best movies ever made. Joseph Campbell was right about it - a perfect metaphor for our time.

I was going to say, this thread is really going to bring out the uber-geek in me, but then I remembered, hey, I am an uber-geek anyway, so it's all good.

I still remember seeing that movie when it first ran in theatres, being all of 9 years old; I think I saw it about half a dozen times that first year. Even with all my accumulated cynicism in the years since, I still think it's one of the best movies ever made. Joseph Campbell was right about it - a perfect metaphor for our time.

I remember seeing it in the theater, too - I was about four, and although I'm sure I saw other movies before that, it's my earliest memory of going to a movie. It was also a memorable day because it was the first day that I ever rode on a city bus. Good times.

i guess i'm a big younger, as my first theatre movie was empire strikes back. i was about 5 i guess. but we'd gone blueberry picking beforehand and i'd eaten pretty much all the blueberrys i'd picked along the way. combined with a mcD's hamburger for lunch and so all i remember from the movies was darth vader and puking blueberries up outside. good times.

I saw it in the theatre when it came out too ... was 6 at the time. Pure magic. I love the whole series, cheese and all.

What's amazing, is watching my kids go off the hook watching the movies too (they are 3 and 5 ) They even know tons of the character names too.

Use the Schwartz.

My dad snuck me into the drive in...after my mom said I was too young and sensitive.

That's wicked. My dad snuck me and my bro and a friend into Conan to the drive in but got caught while he was pulling me and my buddy out of the trunk of the car.

I had to wait seemingly years to finally see it.

We first saw Star Wars at the drive in.

Guest Low Roller

oop... Found the original trailer to Empire Strikes Back... it has a pretty disturbing deleted scene in there...