Jambands.ca

Paris Hilton is going to jail!!!

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you really care?

i don,t for one she is not getting enough publicity, but she will in jail they are waiting for her hope the judge sends her to renous oops thats a prison ,guess she couldn,t handle that place, but then she may need it, they would straighten he out, or she would see a different kind of life

why oh why did i even answer this

why oh why did i even answer this

You did?

ha ha yes i did

to the lad about 3 days ago that wants to be rich she is a good excample of what it can do to you

if you get through day by day with good health to me is more important than money but would love to have enough to finish my house

I was cutting the lawn and thought out the MOVIE in greater detail:

Staring along side Paris; Jennifer Lopez as the gifted but jadded immigrant girl who got caught up in the inner city life (in jail), Little Kim (the guard) as the hard working 'middle class' girl living the American Way one pay check at a time, Paris's little sister whose life is dedicated to savings souls of women in jail, and Lazlo (Warden)who tenderness brings out the LOVE in all of these women. **I have a lot of grass to cut/lots of time to think this one through.

http://cellar.org/iotd.php

Undertoad Tuesday May 8 08:29 AM

May 8, 2007: Paris Hilton autopsy art [sorta NSFW]

parishiltonautopsy.jpg

Suggested by Cloud, thanks! She's not dead, and we actually don't wish she were, except that we do wish her career as an abrupt an ending as possible. With her recent jail sentence, we all fiercely enjoyed a judge wiping her little trademark smirk right off her face. It may be at least the end of this phase of her fame.

Other than that, you are familiar with the drill: what we have here is art, a work by one Daniel Edwards; at least that's the pretense for presenting this Paris Hilton model. It's shown here as a pre-finished form clay model. The completed item will feature an abdominal cavity, which people can reach into and remove her internal organs.

The entire thing is wrapped in a theme, as the woman is to have died in a drunk driving accident.

Quote:

Paris Hilton's naked "corpse" could provide an invaluable service to students preparing for prom this season. An interactive Public Service Announcement featuring the graphic display of a tiara-wearing, autopsied Paris Hilton with removable innards is designed to warn teenagers of the hazards of underage drinking. The display also features Tinkerbell, Hilton's forlorn pet Chihuahua with matching tiara, and debuts in the trendy Williamsburg, Brooklyn neighborhood where prom-goers frequently dine, courtesy of Capla Kesting Fine Art.

"Campaign to Rescue Women of Youth" featuring "The Paris Hilton Autopsy" offers a cadaveric nude Paris Hilton, laid out with twisted body and opened abdominal cavity on a coroner's table, while her cell phone remains in her grip. The 'unglamorous' display which includes support material from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) counters "the disturbingly glamorized trend of Hollywood's 'girls gone wild'," according to gallery director, David Kesting.

And there's a twist:

Quote:

With Paris's legs splayed in stirrups for postmortem pelvic examination, the "Hilton Autopsy" tragically reveals drunk driving's heartbreaking collateral damage - a "double abortion" of fetal twins discovered in her uterus.

The exhibit opens in Brooklyn on Friday.

Paris Hilton: More Accountable than the President?

(huffington post)

So it's finally happening: accountability. At long last, a prominent public figure is being punished for serial reckless behavior and the willful denial of its consequences.

Unfortunately, the public figure in question is Paris Hilton, not George W. Bush.

The two have more in common than a privileged background and a reputation for dimwitted pronouncements.

When called to task for continuing to drive after her license was suspended in an alcohol-related reckless driving case, Paris blamed her handlers: "I just sign what people tell me to sign. I'm a very busy person."

When Bush was called to task for invading Iraq under false pretenses, he blamed George Tenet. Those 16 words in his State of the Union speech? He just read what people told him to read.

After being spanked by a Los Angeles judge and sentenced to 45 days in jail, Paris "took responsibility" by firing her longtime publicist, Elliot Mintz. After being spanked by the American people in November, Bush "took responsibility" by firing his longtime Pentagonist, Don Rumsfeld.

And both remain firmly in the grip of denial. "I don't know what happened," said Paris after being sentenced. "I follow the law."

For his part, "Commander Guy" Bush marked the fourth anniversary of his "Mission Accomplished" speech by claiming that the results of the 2006 election gave him a mandate to follow his surge strategy. Hmm ... so when that police officer made Paris sign a document acknowledging that she wasn't supposed to drive, that was a mandate to drive around with a blood-alcohol level of .08 percent and make illegal left turns, right?

The good news is that, for better or worse, Paris has always been a trend setter (without her, we never would have had the Kim Kardashian sex tape or Britney flashing her privates in public). Maybe her high-profile punishment will lead to more high-profile accountability. Starting with Alberto Gonzales, who continues to run the Justice Department despite his inability to remember important meetings he attended and orders he gave. "I'm a very busy person." (Quick Quiz: who said "From now on I'm going to pay complete attention to everything," Paris to the judge, or Gonzales to Congress? Answer: Paris. Gonzales vowed: "I am dedicated to correcting both the management missteps and the ensuing public confusion that now surrounds what should have been a benign situation.")

Then there is Paul Wolfowitz, who is still refusing to clean out his desk at the World Bank despite being found guilty of a conflict of interest by a World Bank committee -- and despite demonstrating a diligence about his girlfriend's post-World Bank arrangements that he failed to show for America's post-invasion arrangements in Iraq. "I just sign what people tell me to sign."

In an interesting development, Steve Clemons reports chatter that Wolfowitz is negotiating an exit deal but is dragging his feet because if he hangs on until June 1, he'll become eligible for an estimated $400,000 bonus. That would actually be more of an accounting moment than an accountability moment. It's not exactly 45 days in Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood, California (aka the Slammer Hilton), but given how low the accountability bar has been set by this administration, it would at least qualify as some sort of comeuppance.

Paris Hilton drove while drunk, was given every opportunity to correct course, and is now being punished for her recklessness.

George Bush, while dry drunk, drove our country into a disastrous war, has been given every opportunity to correct course, but seems determined to keep his foot on the pedal. Will his accountability moment come only after we have careened over the edge of the cliff? And even then will he continue to point the finger at Tenet and the intelligence community, claiming as he plummets: "I don't know what happened. I did what they said."?

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm in the minority but I'm starting to feel sorry for her. What compels a room full of people to cheer wildly at the notion of a famous person going to jail is beyond me.

Talk about building someone up only to tear them down.