Jambands.ca

Paris Hilton is going to jail!!!

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO ... a bad person would probably feel sorry for her :P

She'll remain an heir-head and will maintain her "celebrity" more than ever with this. She'll even MAKE MONEY from it!

Maybe she'll marry OJ. She might fight him like a glove ... ouch ... now am I bad? I feel dirty ...

Edited by Guest

man, that Judge is really fucking with her. Basically, this guy is saying to paris, the sheriff's dept, the lawyers, "I'm The Judge! Don't FUCK with me!"

I must say, this has gone overboard. 45 days for what exactly? this is fucked.

regardless of who the person is and what they did, no picture of a person bawling their eyes out can make me feel "happy".

sorry, but some of these posts are f'ing ridiculous. she BROKE PROBATION! stop acting like she's a pedophile.

Edited by Guest

sorry, but some of these posts are f'ing ridiculous. she BROKE PAROLE! stop acting like she's a pedophile.

I understand where you are coming from. However, where most people don't seem to have a problem having fun at Paris' expense since she's the epitome of justice tipping in the favour of the wealthy and powerful (her family's money).

Does anyone here truly believe that everyone else in this situation would be treated the same way in that court?

[Does anyone here truly believe that everyone else in this situation would be treated the same way in that court?

she was treated pretty heavily in court. it was the sheriff that is treating her lightly. or not. all i know is what is reported and probably half of that is rumour to begin with. but the judge in the court was pretty straightforward in his sentence.

I understand where you are coming from. However, where most people don't seem to have a problem having fun at Paris' expense since she's the epitome of justice tipping in the favour of the wealthy and powerful (her family's money).

So let's focus all our attention on Paris and not the justice system itself. [color:purple]Makes sense.

Edited by Guest

you are right - she was charged with reckless driving. big difference. part of her sentence was alcohol education. wonder why.

No, she was charged with breaking her probation.

On 27 February, she was stopped by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for speeding on Sunset Boulevard with her car's headlights off and charged with violating her probation.

Being from a city with more than a handful of infamous prisons and cons, I don't like or have sympathy for parole breakers.

Me either Jaimoe. But in light of similar cases, seems like Paris is getting a pretty harsh sentence. Yet people think the justice system is "tipping" in her favour. ???

Ok let's re-state what actually happened here:

1. She was charged with reckless driving on September 7th. In January, she pleaded no contest to the reckless-driving charge and was sentenced to 36 months' probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

2. Later in January she was pulled over and given a warning for driving on a suspended license. She signed a document that stated she was not to drive due to the conditions of her probation

3. She was again stopped February 27th and at that time charged with violating the terms of her probation.

4. She was charged and sentenced May 4th to 45 days in jail, but was expected to serve 23 based on good behaviour. She was also to be housed in a section of the jail reserved for celebrities

Not playing sides, just giving you the facts*

*as "factual" as the National Post can be considered

HA!

She's going back to jail now to serve the entire 45 day sentence now.

my 2 cents would be that she is a pompous loser and deserves every ounce of punishment she gets. She thinks she (and half of Hollywood) are untouchable because of their celebrity. What better person to make an example of than some one of her super high profile.

BRAVO Judge.

This just in:

A crying Hilton is sent back to jail

By Andrew Blankstein and Tami Abdollah

Times Staff Writers

Published June 8, 2007, 3:25 PM CDT

Paris Hilton today was ordered to return to her solitary cell, a day after she had been sent to her spacious home with an electronic monitoring bracelet and became the center of a storm of protest that she was being treated better than someone less famous.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer made his ruling after an hourlong hearing that was delayed while Hilton, wearing handcuffs, was brought to court in a sheriff's patrol car. Earlier, it seemed that she would attend the hearing only via telephone, but she was ordered to appear in person.

"The defendant is remanded to L.A. County jail," Sauer ruled at about 12:06 p.m. "The order is final and forthwith."

Wearing a gray zippered top, Hilton crumpled into tears.

As she was led away to the side door and the waiting transportation to jail, she wailed, "Mom, Mom! It's not right!"

It was not immediately clear if an appeal had been filed, but one was expected.

Sauer originally sentenced Hilton to 45 days in jail after the professional party girl, reality-show actress and singer repeatedly violated her probation on alcohol-related reckless driving charges.

He was insistent that Hilton serve her time, but before she even set foot in Lynwood, the women's facility, officials had cut the sentence to 23 days.

She had served only a little more than three days of her sentence when Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca decided she was too ill to serve more time and sent her home under house arrest. The city attorney's office, which had prosecuted Hilton, immediately went back to court seeking Hilton's return to jail.

The release clearly peeved Sauer who made no secret of his anger at the Sheriff's Department, repeatedly saying he was promised documents by Undersheriff Larry Waldie that spelled out why Hilton was released.

"It's 12:06 and Waldie has not provided any medical information," Sauer snapped at the attorneys.

"I never received medical documents. The sheriffs' office still has done nothing," he said.

Then he ruled that Hilton be sent to jail to fulfill her term.

There have been no details on Hilton's illness, but the judge noted: "Does that jail not have medical facilities? They have dialysis, chemotherapy, very excellent" facilities.

In a telephone interview, Baca did not discuss the ruling but insisted that the medical records supported his decision. He also said the medical records were in the hands of the county legal team, which could have turned them over to the judge at the hearing.

"I can't speak to what's in the judge's mind, but it appears to me at this point there is not a lot of communication," Baca said.

For the city attorney's office, the ruling was a victory.

"The court very clearly ordered she is not to be released early," Assistant City Atty. Dan Jeffries said. "She is not to be released on electronic monitoring."

"The sheriff was acting like judge, jury and executioner," he said. "It is the court's job to determine what happens to Hilton."

But the Hilton affair has long since moved beyond courtroom, becoming as much of a media circus as a test case on whether wealth and notoriety buy special treatment from the judicial system.

you are right - she was charged with reckless driving. big difference. part of her sentence was alcohol education. wonder why.

No' date=' she was charged with breaking her probation.[/quote']

well, she was charged for both, on different occasions. the original charge being reckless driving, the jail charge being violating probation on the reckless driving count. or am i wrong again?

i wonder if she's getting that alcohol education.

Here's an interesting take on Paris from Ariana Huffington:

Why do we hate her so? Is it because she's rich? Naw, plenty of rich people we like. Is it because she's young and (depending on your taste) beautiful? Nope. Is it because we saw her have sex on the Internet? Uh, uh, that's a positive in some people's eyes. Ultimately, I think we hate Paris because of her arrogant sense of self-entitlement.

The public will forgive the rich and famous for many unappealing character traits (Mel Gibson, anyone?). But act like you're better than us and we just can't wait to see you rot in the hell you've created for yourself.