Jambands.ca

Searching For the Sound (Phil Lesh book)

AD

I got the Phil book as audio from the library, and altogether enjoyed it (inasmuch as it's a good story to have told rather than read). Phil's my choice of hero from the surviving Dead, and remains the closest to the ideals that drew me to them in the first place, and that's a perspective he brings into play throughout the book. I'd certainly recommend it.

... and remains the closest to the ideals that drew me to them in the first place, and that's a perspective he brings into play throughout the book. I'd certainly recommend it.

I agree ... I enjoyed reading the book because of Phil's perspective on things.

Peace, Mark

Dont get me wrong I think Phil is an incredible musician and an artist... but his writing just didnt do anything for me and found the flow very junked up...

Bookstore snob. Your opinion is biased. :o

I thought it was a good book although it took me forever to read.

The audio book is alright, I won it here during some contest awhile back. Phil telling the story made it a bit tough to get through though in my opinion.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. If i can't handle it after 10-15mins, I'll quit and wait 'til i have time to read it the 'old fashioned' way .

Seriously, if he's making a ton of gross clicking and smacking noises with his mouth it'll drive me nuts.