Jambands.ca

Calendar

bouche

use the 'manage event' link near the bottom of your posting window to enter dates and times.

not sure, but i think you have to have your timezone entered properly in your profile... i dunno

I wonder if an auto-reminder feature could be added, so that when I open a topic in/from the calendar, I can click on a button that will end up sending me an e-mail (or a private topic) the day of (or before) the event.

Aloha,

Brad

I added Hamilton too. What I like about the calenders is the fact that you can add them to your RSS aggregator's like reader.google.com

Very nice, I use the Bittorrent RSS feature and it works great, will be sure to set this up as well.

Thanks Mike.

I wonder if an auto-reminder feature could be added, so that when I open a topic in/from the calendar, I can click on a button that will end up sending me an e-mail (or a private topic) the day of (or before) the event.

What? Do you work for Transport Canada and require "bring-forwards" for everything? sheesh ;)

Yes that would be a good feature, but if I had the time, I'd spend it on figuring out how to modify the entry interface and make it database driven first.

I wonder if an auto-reminder feature could be added' date=' so that when I open a topic in/from the calendar, I can click on a button that will end up sending me an e-mail (or a private topic) the day of (or before) the event.

[/quote']

What? Do you work for Transport Canada and require "bring-forwards" for everything? sheesh ;)

Yes that would be a good feature, but if I had the time, I'd spend it on figuring out how to modify the entry interface and make it database driven first.

I agree: your time would be better spent doing that. If there's anything I can do, let me know. (One idea: have pull-downs for selecting venues and bands, that will automatically put them in the topic, spelled correctly, and linked to the venue/band website if there is one. Having a separate way to add new venues and bands [with optional URLs] would be cool, too.)

Aloha,

Brad

The BEST way would be if this wasn't a PHP/MYSQL based system, and I could whip up a new .NET version in no time. The old sanctuary's "Watchtower" was all .NET, but the cost of hosting it on a server that didn't crash all of the time was too expensive.

Is it just me? I don't see any events on the calendar under "public events" or under "hamilton". Should "public events" show me all the events in every location?

I think whiteymuseum just posted topics about each event, and didn't use the "Manage Event" button/link to enter the event (i.e., its date & time) into the actual calendar itself.

Aloha,

Brad

Is it just me? I don't see any events on the calendar under "public events" or under "hamilton". Should "public events" show me all the events in every location?

good point - bouche, is there a good way to differentiate between the Calendar Forums (where the shows are) and the Public Events Calendar on the button bar at the top of everyone's page?

if you start at the home page it is, there is a lot of content on this site besides the Cavern. Bouche has organised it so that people hopefully spend time everywhere, like the featured reviews and articles.

hopefully the calendars catch on!

Public events is just a default calendar from what I can tell.

I've been coming to this site for many years (go figure) and my path to the cavern is www.jambands.ca>sanctuary>cavern. In that Sanctuary (or forum index) you can see what forums have new posts. "Foodeeze has posts? I'm going in there!", I also have the YouTube videos (via RSS) on my Google homepage so I can see what new videos skanks have posted.

You can now do the same with those listings and subscribe to the feeds. Feeds rock.