Jambands.ca

my first request for Vibeage...

Blane

Thanks folks!

Sitting in my office trying to shorten it down some more, two hours 'till showtime.

Calamity, I've always been a fan of the "long drink of water" stalling technique, especially with bottled water with a screwed on cap, but I'll think about adding the "knowing gaze" into the repertoire as well!

Edited by Guest

well, it's done. I'm now officially a doctoral "candidate" (as opposed to student).

Might not seem like a huge deal at first, but I had funding that was contingent on this, so it'll finally get sent to me and I can pay off some debts!

Also means I'm free to start my fieldwork. Good thing since I've already bought my plane ticket.

Kind of lucky. My toughest questions were from a committee member who couldn't be here (he's in Alberta) and he sent 5 PAGES worth of questions to be asked. The other guys decided it'd take too long so I could just write a written response and send it by email. Kind of draws things out, but at least I got everything approved.

Thanks for the vibes again everyone!

Blane helped me complete one of my most secret inner desires - converting videos from vhs to cd-rom in exchange for bagels mailed to my home from montreal. The cycle completed itself, serpent ate it's tail, Blane watched some vids, I ate some bagels. Life IS beautiful sometimes. (this was gonna just be vibes but then I read page2...Congratulations)

Edited by Guest

DEM, I taught 2 courses last year:

Global education (1st year course)which focused on global inequity and the role that the north has played in it. And Education and Development, which was actually a grad course about the International Development industry and how it frames education.

Bob,

I'm doing my degree in Education and International development. I'm leaving in a few weeks to Senegal to do my research there with an NGO that I've been working with for the past few years. Pretty fun stuff!

Eric,

Still remember that clear as day!

Edited by Guest