Jambands.ca

M.O.B.E.'s NY Strip Loin Steak

bouche

Here is a good starter recipe for ya. Im typing out my recipe for BBQ sauce right now too.

NY Strip loin Steak topped with Goat Cheese and Cashews, Baked Sweet Potato and Grilled Red Peppers. An entire dinner from the BBQ and with very little mess or preparation.

1. After washing, wrap whole Sweet Potato in foil, drizzle with Olive oil and season with Salt and Pepper. Place on the top rack of the BBQ and let them bake on high heat for approx 45 minutes depending on the size. It is done when the Sweet Potato is soft when squeezed.

NY Strip loin

2-3 tbsp of Goat Cheese per steak and 2-3 tbsp of chopped cashews.

For Marinade; marinade the steak for at least 1 hr. Reserve 1/4 of marinade for the peppers.

1 garlic clove

1 tsp of thyme, rosemary,

1 tsp Worchester Sauce

1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper

1/2 tsp of dried mustard or Dijon mustard.

4 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar

1/4 cup Olive Oil

Salt to taste

1. Marinade the steak for at least 1 hr. Reserve 1/4 of marinade for the peppers.

2. After marinating the steak(s), season with Salt and grill to your desired doneness.

3. Allow the steak top rest at least 2-3 minutes before serving.

4. At serving time, top with Goat Cheese and Cashews.

Peppers

Cut the peppers into large pieces and place into the reserved marinade. This can be done just before grilling. Start the peppers at the same time as the steak and they will be done as the steak finishes or when they reach the most vibrant red depending on how you like your steak cooked.

For Dessert

Grilled Rosemary Skewered Strawberry's over Vanilla Frozen Yogurt and Balsamic Syrup.

1 bunch of Fresh Rosemary

1 pint of strawberries

2-3 scoops of Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

1/2 cup of balsamic, reduced to syrup.

Clean and wash Strawberries. Trim all the leaves off a sprig of fresh Rosemary and use the stem to skewer the berries. Grill lightly and be very gentle with the berries, they will get soft. Place the warm skewer of berries on top of the frozen yogurt and drizzle with the Balsamic syrup. ENJOY!

Thanks Dave_O and Bouche for the promo:) Im going to use this thread to start posting my recipes. Here is my BBQ sauce recipe as posted in the BBQ thread.

Steve's BBQ Sauce

5-6 strips of bacon chopped the smokier the better. I buy the double smoked/cured bacon.

2-3 cloves of fresh garlic crushed

1 small white onion

2 Tbsp of Coriander

1 Tbsp of Cumin

1 Tbsp of Garam Masala

1 Tbsp of Mustard powder or 1 tsp of fresh crushed mustard seed.

1 tsp of Chili Flakes **** see bottom for making this hot

2 Tbsp of dried Thyme or alot of fresh thyme because I like it.

1 Diced tomatoe

1/2 cup of brown sugar

1/4 cup of maple syrup **dont use unless you have real maple syrup.

1 Lemon, juice of

1/2 Cup of Malt Vinergar or 1/4 cup of Balsamic if you like it super sweet.

1 bottle of Heinz Ketchup or Chili Sauce.

**** if you want to add some heat to this recipe I recommend you add either Chipotle Pepper to this or Adobo sauce for a medium heat. These will

add a nice smokiness to the recipe.

***This sauce can be cooled and refrigerated and should last a few weeks.

1. In a good sized skillet over medium/low heat start rendering the bacon. While the bacon fat cooks down you should have enough time to gather

the rest of what you need.

2. Once you have a good amount of bacon fat for cooking in add the onions, the garlic and spices. Turn up the heat to medium high.

3. When the onions have softened and cleared up add the diced tomatoe and continue to sautee gently for until the tomatoe breaks down. (If the

pan is sizzling hot turn it down to medium.)

4. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup.

5. Once the sugar is all melted down add the vinegar. Stir the vinergar in until the content of the pan are emulsified.

Stand back and dont breathe it in when you do this. Make sure your fan is on and the window is open. Dont say you werent warned.

6.DO NOT use white vinegar. It isnt for consumption, it is a cleaning product.

7. Add the Chili Sauce, lower the heat and allow to simmer for at least 10-15 before use

Each recipe needs it's own thread. They're easier to find and index.

so said...so done. BTW I ordered your knives. I just havnt seen the guy to get them off him. I'll phone Nella tonite and ask him to drop them next monday whether Im there or not.

Yes that was the best steak I've ever eaten.

It was also the first this summer and on the BBQ at that.

Thanks guys it was amazing.

The sangria was great also!!!

A wonderful meal indeed and wonderful company.

By the way I just gave what you guys didn't eat to the dog next door.

I am having what I didn't eat last night tonight.