Jambands.ca

I Call Bullshit On...

shainhouse

With generations of kids growing up on internet speak, I hope that the ability to spell and use proper grammar will become a highly valued work skill in the future.

Just like I hope that people would pay for their officialy released music more often, but those days are gone.

NowahI'm sayeeeen'

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes' date=' I realize I sound like a bit of an asshole here, but for some reason the blatant misuse of the English language bothers me more than it should. Meh.[/quote']

With generations of kids growing up on internet speak, I hope that the ability to spell and use proper grammar will become a highly valued work skill in the future.

You, me and Hamilton will make a killing. ;)

don't forget brad and dr evil.

And yes' date=' I realize I sound like a bit of an asshole here, but for some reason the blatant misuse of the English language bothers me more than it should. Meh.[/quote']

Ummm.... "You, hamilton and I will make a killing."

When I first moved to Cape Breton as a youngster I had to learn a new way of saying the letter "H" There, it is pronounced something like this :"haytch" I definatley call bullshit on that, as my Ontario accent used to get me beat up all the time. Now that's bullshit!

I call bullshit on 'don't buy gas tuesday.' Read my post in that thread to see why..

Yes, because the alternative is sooooo much better.

M.O.B.E. - kudos to you. Nothing has the power to change the world overnight, it's all in the steps. Your attempt to create awareness hasn't gone completely unnoticed.

I'm not against creating awareness.. I'm simply against the theme of 'don't buy gas tuesday.' The people who do this will buy it wed, thr and so on, therefore making themselves feel better about not doing anything.

this is not directed to you MOBE. just a general argument.

I'm not against creating awareness.. I'm simply against the theme of 'don't buy gas tuesday.' The people who do this will buy it wed, thr and so on, therefore making themselves feel better about not doing anything.

this is not directed to you MOBE. just a general argument.

I can kind of see the point here. There are religious conservatives who won't, say, shop on Sundays, but will then run out first thing Monday morning to buy the big Sunday paper they couldn't read the day before.

I think MOBE's on the right track, though - get off the grid.

Ummm.... "You, hamilton and I will make a killing."

Of course I was just testing your bad grammar tolerance there Hamilton. ;)

awareness is often an excuse for people as well to spread it whilst actually spreading nothing. I see this example as a really lax form of awareness, one that does nothing but preach to a disillusioned choir without making any difference whatsoever.

there is rarely a futile attempt at awareness, on any scale. millions of people know about this "don't pump gas on may 15th" day. watch the 6:00 news...I'm willing to bet on most stations. news directors love gas stories. purpose served.

awareness is often an excuse for people as well to spread it whilst actually spreading nothing. I see this example as a really lax form of awareness, one that does nothing but preach to a disillusioned choir without making any difference whatsoever.

Yikes. What does this say to anyone who's wanting to get a message out there? I see this example as a healthy form of awareness that has started a healthy debate as to what we can do to effectively bring about change. Without it, these ideas wouldn't have been brought to the table. Spreading awareness, no matter how logistically ineffective, will never be futile.