Jambands.ca

All-time Blue Jay team

djmelbatoast

I just watched a video of the 92 World Series and I started thinking. If you could pick any Blue Jays to be on a all-time team who would you pick?

Here's mine:

C: Pat Borders

1B: Carlos Delgado

2B: Roberto Alomar

3B: Kelly Gruber

SS: Tony Fernandez

LF: Joe Carter

CF: Veron Wells

RF: Shawn Green

DH: George Bell

SP: Roy Halliday

SP: Dave Steib

SP: Jimmy Key

SP: Pat Hentgen

SP: Roger Clemons

CP: Duane Ward

RP: Paul Quantril

RP: Mark Eichorn

Nice one Jaimoe. I would have put David 'i loved his action but he didnt put up the best numbers' Cone in there if I could find a spot but you just filled it. POG has also filled my set-up/closer as well as my right fielder. Jesse Barfield's arm? Are you fucking kidding me? That was one of the most deadly howitzers I have ever seen!

Oh yeah, with Paul Molitor at DH. George's attitude once that idea was proposed to him still stings. I'ld kiss his purple butt.

By the way:

Roy Halladay (sorry djmelba, it's a pet-peeve)

For a guy with a Blue Jays avatar, you sure puzzle me with the Olerud call and the Griffin one.

Olerud won two WS and a batting title (as well as leading the league in a couple other categories...in 93) with the Jays. Don't get me wrong, Delgado is one of my favourite players ever, but the guy never saw the playoffs in a Jays uniform...those two rings are bigger than any personal accomplishments Delgado could achieve.

As far as Griffin, I think that's just a judgement call...but after going to look at his stats I am going to change it back to Fernandez. :)

George wasn't known as a DH, so Molitor would be a perfect sub on Dima's list.

Ward had the best stuff in the Jays history coming out of the bullpen and was virtually unhittable, but his slider killed his career. Henke had more longevity so he gets my vote for closer, even though he drove me nuts.

The Jays had some great first basemen. Crime Dog, Olerud, Fielder and Carlos.

No one will ever touch that fucking puke Alomar talent-wise. He's the most dominant position player in team history, with respect to Delgado.

Barfield is my right-fielder. Green has never lived up to his potential.

The Jays had some great first basemen. Crime Dog, Olerud, Fielder and Carlos.

Fielder.... Cecil Fielder? "Great first baseman?"

He could hit, but could he run or field? Or throw? He only played 82 games in his most busy year with Toronto. His best year (besides his first where he only appeared in 30 games) was 87 where he batted .269

I dunno - strange statement. I like a lot of wierd stuff too though, so it's cool.

The Jays had some great first basemen. Crime Dog' date=' Olerud, Fielder and Carlos.[/quote']

Fielder.... Cecil Fielder? "Great first baseman?"

He could hit, but could he run or field? Or throw? He only played 82 games in his most busy year with Toronto. His best year (besides his first where he only appeared in 30 games) was 87 where he batted .269

I dunno - strange statement. I like a lot of wierd stuff too though, so it's cool.

I meant that they've had a lot of first basemen that have either played great for the Jays or went on to greater things elsewhere. Cecil was decent with the glove and no virtually no first basemen can run.

hehe, if cecil got just a bit bigger he could have rolled. he started getting recognised after the jays traded him. i did like him at the time too though, he had charisma.

did you like how i pulled out those stats though? whew.