Jambands.ca

Playing live ROCKS!

Paan

I just played for my first time EVER live with a band at the Cameron House in Toronto, and to a full capacity crowd none the less (about 70 people). WHAT A RUSH! I was terrified the entire time, but survived.

Two months ago if you told me that I would ever be playing in front of a crowd, I would have laughed, then kicked you in the teeth a couple times. But I decided to try taking my stagnating pseudo-hobby and really try to finally improve on it. Those of you I have jammed with before know that I pretty much suck on the bass, but I have worked a ton on it over the past couple of months, hooked up with a band, and well, don’t suck quite as bad as before.

We are definitely not to the caliber that everybody on this site is used to seeing, but it’s cool being able to play all originals. And it is VERY cool being on the other side of the stage… I am addicted already. I have a ton to learn, but the learning has now become fun rather than just tedious. We already have gigs setup for June and July, and we are going on a photo shoot in the badlands this weekend for Christ sake!

This has been such an adrenaline rush for me, I feel like I am constantly on 5 cups of coffee, and I have overcome one of my final fears in life. Just hope I stick with it.

Edited by Guest

It's a real trip indeed. Being an acoustic player, I always get freaked hearing my guitar and voice come back to me in a monitor. I guess you get used to it after a while but man it messes me up sometimes.

My ultimate problem is I'm my own worst critic and I always sense other people's compliments are just charitable expressions of kindness.

Rock on Paan.

..looked up into the crowd. HOLY SHIT, THERES AWHACK OF PEOPL HERE, I thought. Head down and dont look up again!

Haaaa! Just described my performance... I think the drummer thinks I like him because I was facing him so much.

fucking eh. are u sure you didn't drink 5 cups of coffee???

and since we've jammed before, about 2 yrs ago, you were faaar from sucky, dude. I had the exact same reaction as you to my first gig back in january. I got used to is ovver the course of a few shows. then i joined a band on a different instrument (keys), and found it to be like starting at the beginning gain!

give us the heads up on your next gig!!!!

Those of you I have jammed with before know that I pretty much suck on the bass, but I have worked a ton on it over the past couple of months, hooked up with a band, and well, don’t suck quite as bad as before.

dude you didn't come anywhere near "suck" last time I jammed with you. In fact I think you shamed the rest of us at times. And that was over a year ago so you must be fucking stellar now. Good work!