Jambands.ca

GD - Three From The Vault release

Kanada Kev

Two From The Vault is one of my all-time favourite live albums.

Now we're talking Grateful Dead!

I have to agree. Honestly, I can't think of any Grateful Dead album thats got more play around here over the years. This was a standard in every car I ever drove (since hearing it).

Ok, what I really meant to say was:

Good Morning Little School Girl

Dark Star

St. Stephen

The Eleven

Death Don't Have No Mercy

This release (2.19.1971) was actually supposed to be Two From The Vault. I clearly remember hearing from reliable sources at the time that the whole thing was lined up to go, and someone in the band (Phil, I think) vetoed it. So I'm a little surprised to find out that it's slated for release now. Not disappointed, though!!

The song that puts Two From The Vault into my all-time favourite list is Good Morning Little Schoolgirl.

Oh, I am right with you on that, Jaimoe. When I first tried to get into the Dead, the first releases I got were One and Two From The Vault and Grayfolded, but it just didn't click for me. I would take them out every once in a while to try and figure what the fuss was about but nothing doing. Then one evening I was listening to One From The Vault and during the dueling bass/guitar solos in Eyes Of The World I had my epiphany on the road to Damascus. I then listened to Two From The Vault and GMLSG sealed the deal. The very next day I got The American Book Of The Dead, Europe 72, Aoxomoxoa, Fallout From The Phil Zone and Reckoning and the rest is history (coincidentally, the next day was payday :) )