Jambands.ca

QOTD - 26.05.07

shainhouse

Hiya,

If you could live anywhere, anywhere without having to worry about finances, immigration and all that stuff, where would it be?

For me, I think I've found a home in Amsterdam. I love it here and really feel the warmth of home. That or San Sabastian, Spain or Northern Portugal. I've yet to go to Asia or Africa, so that may change.

most hours of many days, im happy in downtown Toronto.

Montreal was a blast the year i lived there.

Boston has treated me well several occasions.

lots of great places, and the prospect of so many more yet to come.

However....

some of you know, and now some others will too, that for 3 years growing up, ages 4-7, I lived in Rio, and well, i bet if you try, you could google the Copacabana Palace hotel. if you see that, that was where i lived for those years, across the street from the beaches of Rio.

I would like to go there, please, Shain.

:)

From the few days I spent in Amsterdam in 2001, I could stand to live there, though Brussels or Paris would be cool, too. London, England is near the top of the list, as is Manhattan, though Burlington, Vermont and San Francisco have their charms, too. Montreal would be fun, except for the winters.

Aloha,

Brad

I guess I'm lucky b/c I'm living EXACTLY where I want to.....a cool little Ontario village, with all the necessities, but a short drive to a medium-sized city when we need that urban fix.

truly, though, my 'metropolis' years are over. I think the population-congestion, pollution & traffic of cities just depresses me too much.

....in a motor home travelling around seeing a different show every single day of single year...

Yes, please!!!

I love where I live as well. Ottawa is the first place that I ever felt settled and at home.

I do wish however that I had a winter home to go to for a couple months a year, someplace sunny and laid back and not in the US. Not really sure whee that would be yet since I've only ever been to Cuba. I'll get back to you about Belize in a few weeks though!

I could get into being based out of the Dutch Caribbean, particularly Bonaire, where my biggest concern would be where I will SCUBA dive each day. Otherwise, the Galapagos for the same reason (but I've never been there, so I may be wrong about that, although I doubt it).

I've lived a lot of places, in a lot of great cities, but certainly Montreal is one of the best places I can imagine.

Otherwise, I'd consider Barcelona and Buenos Aires. I'm a city guy and love the latin joie-de-vivre.

I'm off in 3 weeks to see how living in West Africa compares.

I want to live in Miramichi. popo how's the real estate market?

I'm doing the slow gradual move to Port Elgin. I'm really looking forward to the summer up there with the hiking and canoing available to us on the Bruce Peninsula and all that the Geaorgian Bay and Lake Huron has to offer.

I sure miss the Cape Breton Highlands too and would live there in a second if life led that way.

I want to live in Miramichi. popo how's the real estate market?

I'm doing the slow gradual move to Port Elgin. I'm really looking forward to the summer up there with the hiking and canoing available to us on the Bruce Peninsula and all that the Geaorgian Bay and Lake Huron has to offer.

I sure miss the Cape Breton Highlands too and would live there in a second if life led that way.

[/quo

real estate market is tops ,every second house big or small is for sale, mostly young people leaving their wives ha going out west they will be sorry

beautifull here ,very quiet, low crime rate, walk the streets 24 7, people very friendly and nosey too, but i let on i don,t hear them, a very free life style id say