Jambands.ca

Creation Museum

Kanada Kev

Don't mind me, CB, I was just being obtuse and abstract, in a theoretical-physics-sort-of-way. If there were no difference per se at all, there would be no perspective on anything; that's where you get the kind of language you can see in, say, the Upanishads where the Divine creates difference just for the sake of it, to be able to observe itself. The point there is that the singularity remains, only it has to go to some effort to rediscover itself through all the difference it generates.

I suppose I get frustrated with certain creationists and evolutionists because they give up on trying to get past their differences, but get stuck and entrenched - and yes, keep that duality going. Given that I'm inclined to read creation accounts in terms of metaphor rather than history or physics (and this is why I get frustrated with people like Richard Dawkins as much as Michael Behe, who seem not to allow their poetic imagination to come into play), my guess is that it has something to do with how we use language, confusing map for territory, or the menu for the meal.

I suppose I get frustrated with certain creationists and evolutionists because they give up on trying to get past their differences, but get stuck and entrenched - and yes, keep that duality going. Given that I'm inclined to read creation accounts in terms of metaphor rather than history or physics (and this is why I get frustrated with people like Richard Dawkins as much as Michael Behe, who seem not to allow their poetic imagination to come into play), my guess is that it has something to do with how we use language, confusing map for territory, or the menu for the meal.

Applause and laughter all at once. Well put!

This thread is still fucked, though. :)

LOL ... that was good. Thanks.

"For the Creation Museum, I did what I did as an actor. It doesn't necessarily mean I believe in evolution or a believe in creation," Linden said.

"I'm hired to get a point across. On the flip side, if I was hired to play a murderer, that doesn't mean I'd go out and kill somebody."

"It's make-believe."