Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo Superjam - Wow, Potential!!

AD

Bonnaroo continues an annual tradition with an all-star SuperJam, starting at midnight on Friday, June 15. Former Led Zeppelin bass player JOHN PAUL JONES will anchor a trio featuring one of music's most innovative modern bluesmen, guitar wizard BEN HARPER, and Roots drummer AHMIR "?UESTLOVE" THOMPSON.

Since the break-up of Led Zeppelin in 1980, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jones has worked with bands including R.E.M. and the Foo Fighters. Harper's last album, "Both Sides of the Gun," debuted at Number Seven on the Billboard charts; Rolling Stone has called him a "natural-born superstar." In addition to his role as the heartbeat of hip-hop trailblazers the Roots, Thompson has played with and produced such artists as D'Angelo and Fiona Apple; at Bonnaroo, he will also be performing with his jazz-oriented group, The Philadelphia Experiment.

this is a serious lineup...questlove did the superjam with herbie hancock a couple years ago and imho stole the show...

although im not a fan of how they tell you what the superjam will be before...i think its more fun if its a surprise....could you imagine??? "holy shit its john paul jones!!!" kind thing...meh im not gonna be there anyway haha

I think this is gonna be awesome. Anyone have JPJ's album "Zooma" from a few years back? It's NASTY good.

I have Zooma, haven't picked up Thunder Thief yet but will. I saw him open for King Crimson a few years ago and I just got flattened. Anybody know exactly when and where he worked with Foo Fighters?