Jambands.ca

NHL Off-season 2007

Guest Low Roller

For those keeping track, the Rangers now appear to be sitting at an estimated $51.699M, which would be $1.399M over the cap. And they still have RFAs Sean Avery and Marcel Hossa to sign. Expect some minor movement there.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is talking about Yashin getting his contract bought out?

I thought he was the "player of the future" for the Islanders. They are now going to pay him $2.2M per year for the next four seasons. My guess is that they want the cap room to keep Blake and Smyth.

The Leafs now have Blake....F*ck Yashin

Guest Low Roller

Eklund is saying that the Leafs are still interested in Yashin, but won't offer him more than $2M. The greedy Bolshevik says he rather go back to Russia than play for that kind of money.

Another team apparently interested in Yashin is the Habs, according to Eklund, [color:purple]because they didn't learn their lesson with Samsonov.

Guest Low Roller

Ah. I see. I didn't check the math, I just thought that you said he wasn't included on the roster. I've crunched enough numbers for one day.

I'll gladly agree with your postulate that the Rangers will be over the cap if the season were to start today.

because they didn't learn their lesson with Samsonov.

How in the fuck does signing Yashin = signing Samsonov? Because they are both Russian? Do you want me to go there?

Fact # 1

Training camp hasnt even started yet.

Fact # 2

Why do you bother talking hockey? It's like Jaimoe talking about the psychedelic experience.

What happens if a team is over the cap when the season starts?

Basically they'd have to waive/trade/demote to their farm team players with enough salary to get them under the cap to start the season.

Guest Low Roller
because they didn't learn their lesson with Samsonov.

How in the fuck does signing Yashin = signing Samsonov? Because they are both Russian? Do you want me to go there?

Fact # 1

Training camp hasnt even started yet.

Fact # 2

Why do you bother talking hockey? It's like Jaimoe talking about the psychedelic experience.

Yashin is known for being selfish and only out for himself. Ask any Ottawa fan how they feel about what he tried to pull there. If Samsonov didn't fit into Carbo's team plan because he tended to be individualistic, how do you think that Yashin will? I just don't see it as being a good fit for the team chemistry.

If you just want to worry about scoring goals, then fine get Yashin.

You didnt catch my point Low Roller.

The season hasnt started yet and you are already saying that signing Yashin is going to be the equivalent of signing Samsonov. There are gambles in this game and with the addition of a salary-cap, you really need to make them. Yashin is a small-priced risk with big-time potential.

If he is only going to cost just over two million, I think any team should do it. A nice quick little one year contract and boom. You get that center you facking damn well need. Should I guess that you want the Habs to promote Corey Locke instead?

Guest Low Roller

My comparison was obviously not based on a production level (I can't look into the future... yet), but rather on a compatibility level.