Ripples

Throwing It All Away

Domino

Drum Duet > Los Endos

Encore:

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight > Invisible Touch

I Can't Dance

Carpet Crawlers

The more I think about it the more I don't hate it. My complaints are less about what's not included and more about what is -- pretty much anything from 1986 and on, except for Domino.

Los Endos and the medleys (sigh) should be huge.

I'm listening to a recording of the In The Cage medley that someone taped outside the stadium during rehearsal Sunday night. It's actually very listenable which is a testament to how far field recording has come. Wow.

Sounds good! They replaced The Raven with Duke's Travels which is cool. But it also sounds like they are still shaking off the rust. They should be rock solid by the time they hit North America.

Thanks for posting that Ollie. I'm quite relieved at how the setlist looks at this point. Glad that they are alternating back and forth between eras in their catalogue. Should keep peoples' attention. I know that there will be a bathroom break during Hold On My Heart for me for sure .

I'll be on the lookout for any of the sbd recordings that they will be releasing from this tour :)

Ollie, Slippermen in Oshawa this weekend? Bigger venue ... dual drum kits ... I'm hoping to make it.

Genesis returns to the stage after 15 years

British mega-group Genesis has kicked off its first tour in 15 years with a true-to-form show in Helsinki, exciting the 35,000 fans at Olympic Stadium with classics such as "Invisible Touch".

Finland's largest daily, Helsingin Sanomat gushed about the "magnificent" show, while tabloid Ilta-Sanomat said the Finnish capital "made rock history" as it welcomed back the legendary band to perform its biggest hits during a two-and-a-half hour show under the midnight sun.

The minutely-choreographed performance featured songs such as "Behind the Lines", "Invisible Touch", and "I Can't Dance" - the latter offering the band a rare opportunity to cut loose with some goofy footwork.

The show was performed in the open-air arena under the midnight sun that sets only briefly in this part of northern Europe. Much of the ultra-modern light show on stage was therefore wasted in the "white night".

Founded in 1966 by Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford, Peter Gabriel and Anthony Phillips, Genesis has changed composition several times.

Phil Collins joined the band as drummer in 1970, and replaced founder and former front man Peter Gabriel as lead singer in 1975 when it changed style towards a more radio-friendly pop.

But Collins, Rutherford and Banks failed to convince Gabriel to join forces with the three, since he is touring Europe with his own show this summer.

Instead the group has been joined by two other former members, drummer Chester Thompson and guitarist Daryl Stuermer.

With nearly 130 million albums sold worldwide and 1,400 concerts played, Genesis in 1987 set a tour record with sold-out shows at every arena.

After the Helsinki show, the "Turn It On Again" tour, named after a 1980s hit, will take the band to Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Poland, France, the Netherlands, Britain and Monaco before finishing off at the Colosseum in Rome on July 14.

The tour continues in North America from September 5 to October 13 where fans will be able to see the band in Montreal, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, Washington, New York, Los Angeles, Denver and Sacramento.

- AFP

r151015_537657.jpg

Phil_Collins_200706120613366090_afp.jpg

Edited by Guest

I know that there will be a bathroom break during Hold On My Heart for me for sure .

I see at least 5 bathroom breaks! ;)

Ollie, Slippermen in Oshawa this weekend? Bigger venue ... dual drum kits ... I'm hoping to make it.

Have fun! Turn It On Again spoiled me. ;)

P.S. Can you add line breaks after each picture so this thread isn't so wide?

I see at least 5 bathroom breaks! ;)

When they're singing "I Can't Dance" i'll be in the bathroom singing "I CAN Pee"

Have fun! Turn It On Again spoiled me. ;)

Lucky bastard. Wish I coulda been there. Martin rocks!

P.S. Can you add line breaks after each picture so this thread isn't so wide?

I must've been doing that as you were posting. Strange, in my browser the screen didn't go wide like that. Hmmm.