Jambands.ca

can anyone hook me up

Calamity Jane

with a "free" "program" that would allow me to edit adobe acrobat pages (read: lesson plans, etc) that I get off the net?

These lessons are free to use, but I always find they need a little tinkering, and I'm looking for an easier way to edit them than the onerous task of printing them off, scanning them in, fixing up the lost formatting and newly-created typos, saving them, re-printing them.....you get the picture, I hope.

can a body help a body out here?

foxit pdf reader is free, their pdf editor is not though but I hear its a good product... they have an evaluation copy available from their site that might be worth taking a look at

if you have adobe illustrator it can edit pdf's, albeit is sometimes a bit of a clunky process (font substitutions, non-word wrapped text having to be edited one letter at a time and other fun surprises)

I wish all large digital docs were in CHM format (windows help file format)... much easier to read books that way (on a pc anyways)... acrobat's a memory hog and I find it annoying to use... windows seems pretty good at getting things right when they do it by accident

Perhaps DEM would have free access (or access to a significantly reduced price) to this program through the school he is employed with? I know faculty and staff at Waterloo have this option (but unfortunately not grad students, otherwise I"d hook you up myself)

CJ, I have the same problem (i.e., lesson plans) and usually just save the pdf as a word doc. Sometimes it comes out a little weird but you can fix that. For things like pictures and diagrams and portions that do no need editing, use the snapshot tool and paste it into your word doc with the plan that you are working on/creating. It will be pasted as an image file. Works great for pics/tables/graphs/cartoons/whatever. Good luck!

wahhhhh! I really wanted the simple answer...as in "what's your address so I can send you exactly what you seek" LOL!

the copy & paste is the same headache of lost formatting and weird typos....just a lot of work to make a few little changes....sometimes I just go with "old school" (heehee) liquid paper because making the changes electronically can be a HUGE endeavour.

Garlic...I'll try the "save as" a Word doc and see what happens...also will give foxit a whirl...

but really, I still have my eyes on the horizon for "pirates", yaaar!

what the hell....?

I'm so completely a non-techie wank! What do I do? What do I do?

I also keep getting distracted by all the jiggly jugs in the pics along the side.

[geez...if I keep whining enough, isn't someone gonna take pity on me?]

okay....seriously, what do I need to do to d/l and then open this thing?

Hmm. I can point you to the bootie, but I can't teach you how to swing your hips.

Or maybe I can ..

1) Download and install utorrent

2) Hopefully once that's installed, you can just click on the "Download torrent" link on the initial link I posted and will ask you if you want to open it with utorrent

3) Looks like you will need to use PowerISO to mount/burn the image. I can walk you through that over the phone, if you like

4) Moral considerations need to be wrestled with on your own