Jambands.ca

Camping + Drinking

OB1

Does anyone know a good campground private or provincial in southern ontario that is good. I mean i have a group and we wanna camp and drink. Now that there is an alcohol ban in most provincial parks I am not sure where to go. Any suggestions??????

OB1

I haven't been to this place in many years, but I know it used to be all good with drinking (and partying for the most part). I'd still call ahead and inquire.

We specialize in 'Party Camping'.

http://www.countrycamping.ca/main.html

National Parks (like Cyprus Lake in Tobermory) are ok to drink on your site (unlike provincial), but they are really strict about noise.

The Ontario liquor laws apply in the parks. Liquor may only be consumed at your campsite. Liquor is banned from the park on Victoria Day weekend in May.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/on/bruce/activ/activ2_E.asp

even if there is a ban the lots are huge' date=' pretty easy not to bother your neighbour and vice vers[/quote']

No alcohol bans in National parks (as mentioned above) except on the may 24 weekends.

didn't see that... is awesome! remember being surprised there was no ban years back, guess they feel they're catering to an international crowd so have to act liberally (they seem to have changed the name back to Bruce Peninsula)... what a great fucking park

thought at first when we went the big sign our front read Bruce Peninsula, then a few times later it changed to Cypress Lake... but that makes sense (we were probably baked and misunderstood)

but whats in a name, remains my favorite park since my first trip there 23 years ago

thought at first when we went the big sign our front read Bruce Peninsula, then a few times later it changed to Cypress Lake... but that makes sense (we were probably baked and misunderstood)

028ws9.gif - yeah more then likely man, since being established in 1987 Bruce Pennisula National Park has always included Cyprus Lake.

I agree about its beauty though, loved all the time me and Stacey spent at her cabin there, as well Cyprus Lake (and the Grotto).

thought at first when we went the big sign our front read Bruce Peninsula' date=' then a few times later it changed to Cypress Lake... but that makes sense (we were probably baked and misunderstood)[/quote']

028ws9.gif - yeah more then likely man, since being established in 1987 Bruce Pennisula National Park has always included Cyprus Lake.

I agree about its beauty though, loved all the time me and Stacey spent at her cabin there, as well Cyprus Lake (and the Grotto).

yays, 23 years ago was 1984, but pretty positive Cyprus was still within the park (was 3 nice warm shallow lakes) but wasn't on the sign... we were all scared they had changed the rules or something when the sign changed

that grotto is hands down one of my favorite places on the planet... one year we brought little personal "Nautilus" rafts and checked out all the caves along the bruce peninsula cliffs (tons of em, just perfect for stopping in and pulling out yer waterproof container ;) almost all of them have a convenient ledge about a foot above the water to hop out onto to shake your sea legs for a minute)

Edited by Guest

yays, 23 years ago was 1984, but pretty positive Cyprus was still within the park (was 3 nice warm shallow lakes) but wasn't on the sign.

That would be because Bruce Pennisula National Park wasn't established until 87.

028ws9.gif

Either way, awesome piece of earth.

well there was something there (private park?)... I know its been a popular destination for decades... I went away to college in Sault Ste Marie 1987 and had been to the park at least 3 summers... we originally had no idea it existed and were just driving up the peninsula looking for things to do when we found it

love that cedar forest too... damn, talk'n about its making me crazy wanting to go up

well there was something there (private park?)... I know its been a popular destination for decades... I went away to college in Sault Ste Marie 1987 and had been to the park at least 3 summers... we originally had no idea it existed and were just driving up the peninsula looking for things to do when we found it

love that cedar forest too... damn, talk'n about its making me crazy wanting to go up

Yeah, theres a lot of private areas up there, which may have been where you went. (Emment lake comes to mind)

I know Cyprus Lake has been around since the American guy (some dentist) owned most of the land there in the fifties and sixities - is why the land stayed so undeveloped. He had a camp just north of the Grotto (10 minute hike) called Camp Tot'em which was on a small lake seperated from Georgian Bay by the "Rock Beach".

All that remains now is the stone foundation of the log cabin, it is however still one of the legal camp sites along the Bruce Trail.