Jambands.ca

Ryan Adams live on Edge 102

dave-O

WTF??? I can't believe The Edge is phoneying themselves up for Ryan Adams. The second he walks out their doors, his CD's are headed into the garbage. They never play his music. Same with the equally music challenged Q-107. I'll be watching soccer. Someone make a copy of this.

Thats a bit hypocritical for someone who works for much music don't you think?

First off, Much and MuchMore programming sucks ass and I tell that to anyone and everyone, including Much producers and VJ's. The thing is, Much would never book Ryan Adams or anyone of his ilk.

The idea that a radio station that doesn't even attempt to play anything not considered "New Rock" is hosting a Ryan Adams interview and performance smacks me as suspect, dishonest and deceitful, not to mention blantantly goes against the grain of their shallow format.

Edge 102 does this all the time. Maybe they'll be taking questions via phone and someone can call in and ask why he's there. I remember when Evan Dando was on and he was ranting about how stupid the internet was and I called in and said "how can you say the internet is stupid when it's able to promote your music to a much wider audiance?" his response "fuck you! Hang up on that guy".

Awesome!

While interning there I also saw Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum piss in a public park, smoked a joint with Rob Zombie, got hit on by Rufus Wainright, realized that Marilyn Manson is the most normal rock star in the world and got called a creep by that chick from The Cardigans.

for one thing, Edge will claim any indie cred whenever and wherever they can while adhering as strictly as possible to the usual corporate media framework, which keeps out anything other than corporate owned product.

About Ryan Adams, I was thinking the same thing when Edge DJ "booky"was begging Conor Oberest/Bright Eyes to come on and do an interview before his Massey Hall show. Why? It's not like they play his tunes. Ditto Wilco. They had a radio contest for Wilco tickets, but how many times have you heard Wilco on Edge? Ok a few weeks ago I heard Wilco on the Edge at like 1Am for the first time ever. fuck it, the edge suck, q10zepplin sucks, most radio sucks....91.1 is cool.