Jambands.ca

BNB 10th Anniversary show on youtube (second set posted!!)

ersh

I don't know why it took me so long to post some clips from the dvd... but I finally began cutting them and posting them on youtube. Here's the second set..... first set and encores will be up soon.

Distraction

Fresco Lopez

Revolution Blues - Fresco

Stuck Inside

Down with the Sound

Glad Tidings

Whipping Post

Martian

Stop 28

Enjoy!

Edited by Guest

And... I was wondering... for the longer songs... is there a site where I can post them. Or should I break them up into two parts (yuck). Youtube clips have to be a max of 10mins, correct?

I'll keep uploading them until it's all up there.

You could try google video, I know I've watched some 30 min Gourds videos/shows on there. And if your video is more then 100MB, you use the desktop uploader program to upload.

http://video.google.ca/

If you have a gmail account, then your pretty much already signed up.

Read what I wrote again: I didn't offer any opinion about the sound (of the show or the recording) itself, I just reject your claim that I have to agree that it doesn't sound good. If you think the sound wasn't good, that's your opinion, and I can see why someone might say that, but I'm happy with the sound (of the show and the recording); it's not the best that I've heard, but it's far closer to the best than the worst. (And that's why I don't have to agree: an opinion about the sound is entirely subjective.)

Aloha,

Brad

I think the recording sounds great. The fact is, there was a crowd there - that sound was part of the concert! You're not supposed to be able to hear us without hearing the room sound as well.... not at a rock 'n roll show anyway. To hear that show without the crowd noise would be an improper representation of the evening! Plus you'd be able to hear our mistakes better.

i second the matrix call. and as much as i love and appreciate what bradm does as far as taping goes, i've got to say that show is unlistenable. the sound on the aud recording is muted and muffled and not at all a good representation of the music as i heard it that night. and i was completely sober, and danced my ass off, and had an AMAZING time. it was a great night...wish i could relive it. but am looking forward to finally seeing this show as the vid i spent days downloading just didn't work on my computer. thanks for putting it up!

As someone who played/wrote the music and has a vision in his head as to what it sounded like and was intended to sound like - I have zero problems with the recording of the show. In, fact... if I had a multi-track recording of the evening I probably would've mixed it the same way. And paired with the visual of the DVD it's gold!

It's the weekend...so I'll get more clips up soon!

As someone who played/wrote the music and has a vision in his head as to what it sounded like and was intended to sound like - I have zero problems with the recording of the show. In, fact... if I had a multi-track recording of the evening I probably would've mixed it the same way. And paired with the visual of the DVD it's gold!

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. :)

Aloha,

Brad

...But if the guy who writes it isn't happy with it, chances are you won't even get to hear it.

There's been a few times where we've heard a show someone's recorded, and due to bad quality (not excessive drunkeness, I swear) requested they not circulate it. In fact, coming back around, those recordings were actually soundboards.

You know I play music just for you Cully! ;-)

[color:blue](elkas - hugh's room - july 14th)

And.... back on topic....

I've uploaded some of the longer tracks to google video (thanks greg)(where if you search from there you can find the youtube clips as well) such as Whipping Post and Down with the Sound. A few more in second set to upload and then I'll get to the first set.