Jambands.ca

2007 NHL Entry Draft

ollie

I like the Capitals new jersey too. Ahha, respect to the London Knights for having the 1st and 6th picks in the draft. Also, sad to see the Leafs not having a pick because of their constant bumbling. I thought the draft was entertaining, overall.

Guest Low Roller

The Montreal media is going nuts comparing last night to the Denis Savard/Wickenheiser deal. I loved one morons comment on RDS.ca which translates to "Why don't you listen to the fans and give us a winning team?", as if not drafting Espo was a deathblow to the franchise.

In Bob I Trust.

haha, awesome.

We'll never know now, but he may have been the type of guy that crumbled under the pressure of playing in Mtl. I just can't see how a guy with Esposito's natural talent could possibly fail playing with a Crosby or a Malkin.

The Montreal media is going nuts comparing last night to the Denis Savard/Wickenheiser deal.

Please spare us Andrew. You need to stop referring to 19 year olds on the internets as "The Montreal media".

Did the Habs move up from 22 to take Esposito in Anaheims spot? Nope. I think that tells us exactly what they were thinking. I am willing to bet almost anything that they still wouldnt have taken him if he fell to 22. He obviously wasnt a guy they wanted.

The same goes for Cherepanov.

Guest Low Roller

19 year olds and any seperatist french canadian.

And let's not forget that you were the guy that was flipping out that Espo and Cherepanov were still available leading up to the second Habs pick.

Trevor Timmons said today that the Habs got exactly who they wanted, but admitted that Gainey tried to secure a third pick in the first round just to get Espo, but it didn't work out.

The breakout star of the draft: TSN analyst Pierre McGuire, who's screaming right now that Cherepanov's free fall is "unconscionable!" and adds, "I know he's Russian, I don't care!" He's like Darren Pang after six Jack-and-Cokes.