Jambands.ca

moe. tonight

mattm

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know really Jakis. It was ok but people around me and friends outside of me were very impressed with it.

I liked parts but I am a major Chuck-whore so dont listen to me. It sounded like a song he could fucking tear apart but he didnt take an opportunity.

OH YEAH!

Getting back to Randy Newman, until tonight I forgot that he has written one of my favorite songs and I got to hear him play it tonight. Previously, I only knew John Belushi singing it with the Blues Brothers.

It's entitled Guilty

Totally awesome shit. Great song. Thanks Randy!

I think they played The Road off The Conch , although I was the same guy spreading the rumour they were doing a Midnight Set at Mavericks, maybe both were in my dreams but Wind It Up was defintely my highlight,

Hope to get to moe.down for the first time this year

ps. I am pretty sure they did The Road

After a week of over-amped megawatt bands and fans, Bluesfest headliner moe. turned out to be a thoroughly refreshing change.

You can't beat the pothead band from Buffalo for being cool. Naturally, there were their fans, the stoners crowding the park in front of the MBNA stage, many of them wearing sunglasses even though the skies were dark and overcast. Then there were the odd George Clinton fans, the ones decked out in wild outfits, including a tiny baby wearing headphones. Like The Grateful Dead, the trance-inducing retro-rockers Vinnie Amico, Rob Derhak, Chuck Garvey with Jim Loughlin and Al Schnier spent most of their hour-long set jamming freely and creating a comfortable buzz with psychedelic tunes from their 2007 album The Conch.

The U.S. jamband moe., who usually have hours to create an ebb and flow to their set, had to keep it to one hour, to fit into the alternating pattern of the two main stages. As we found out with Michael Franti on Saturday, it wasn't nearly enough. For moe., that's about six songs.

In their first appearance at Bluesfest, they jumped into the festivities with the jazzy reggae funk of Crab Eyes and wound through an extended Tailspin that demonstrated their fearsome playing ability, a vast knowledge of musical styles and a willingness to experiment.