Jambands.ca

moe. tonight

mattm

What the hell are you talking about?

You're soft, succulent so sweet and thin

that's kind of like a vision upon your skin.

It lightens up my day, and that's oh so true.

Together we're one separated we're two.

To make you all mine, all mine is my desire.

'Cause you contain a quality, you that I admire.

You're pretty plain and simple, you rule my world so try to understand.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best set of the bluesfest!

Not for me. It was good (and a good one-set/one-hour moe. show)' date=' but ranks behind Femi Kuti, Toumani Diabate, Bela Fleck And The Flecktones, and Los Lobos (so far).

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

Well I caught Bela, and Femi as well and I enjoy them both tremendously but for me Moe. both surprised and inspired me with that set. I needed some rock!

FunkyBeats.

I'm not an autograph seeker at all but I was walking over to the Port a John's and there was moe. sitting at the autograph table with about 5 people in line so I thought, WTF? I sent Sara into the CD area to buy Warts and All vol. 5 and now had it autographed by moe. Sara stood back kind of star struck while I got a chance to chat with them, shake their hands and get a couple photos. Really nice guys. They said they remembered the show, last time I saw them, which was when nero opened for them. I thought that was pretty cool.

Without wading into the minefield of best-of-anything talk, I have to say that the little bit of moe. that we got to see, which was the first that I'd seen of them, was inspiring, and I got a good sense of why it is that people do go out of their way to see them. For a band representing a particular blues-informed genre, they were certainly very well-chosen, and I hope the general crowd and the other artists got something out of it. Plus they came across as absolutely solid but disarming artists; I figured, when I saw the drummer blowing bubbles while playing, "this is a band that is very comfortable making brilliant music" :) .